Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Old 12-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Default Gameplay Videos by Freycinet

Welcome to the 1C forum stickie thread of my videos. Hope you like them, comments always more than welcome!

Here are my CoD movies:
http://www.flightsimvids.com

When I do a new video I'll add it to this thread...

Last edited by Freycinet; 01-20-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

New video up - http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTda.../0/VgITC2X8O-M

(Click image for vid)

I'm flying online in Il-2 CoD again, this time for "blue". More than any other sim I've played, CoD really shows what a marvellous and deadly machine the Bf-109 is. It just comes across as a superb piece of machinery, every mechanical bit and piece finely honed like a Swiss watch. Precision handling mixed with brutal force in the shape of those 20mm cannons spitting high explosives at hapless enemies. Hmm, does it come across that I really like the Messerschmitt?

Hope you like this little sortie... As always, comments very welcome!

Cheers,
Freycinet

----------

Here are my previous CoD movies:
http://www.youtube.com/user/wwwDOTda...1CBC682E928D2A

(Click images for vids)
Old 12-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Another great Vid! As always I enjoyed it immensley.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Another good one...These Gameplay Videos are surely attracting new customers to COD, as they give an exact depiction of the Cockpit P.O.V. and real time flying/action. From engine start to landing, with combat action, all in the course of a mere ten-minutes.

In your videos, WhatYouSee is WhatYouGet...WYSIWYG...No tricks, no post-processing (other than your text Radio dialogue). I'd go out and buy COD myself based on viewing a couple of your videos...if I didn't already own COD!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

New video up
(As always, best seen in 1080p and full-screen)

OK, it is about time I try the trusted old Hurricane online, in Cliffs of Dover. True, it isn't as sprightly as the Spitfire, but its stability as a gun platform is appreciably better. Against a very well-flown Bf-109 I'd probably prefer the Spit, but for anything less the Hurricane is not bad at all. A winged Messerschmitt was just the opponent that I needed for my first online excursion in the Hurri... - Enjoy!

As always, comments very welcome,

Cheers,
Freycinet

----------

Here are some of my previous CoD movies:

(Click images for vids)

All videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...A&feature=plcp
Old 01-06-2012, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

Very nice video Freycinet...I always like that they are complete and unedited .no matter the outcome..heh also on the Hurri, the throttle mixture is backwards i believe. It runs the best with it all the way down. Oh and one other thing, keep your RPMs around 2600 and the boost on the white arrow that is in the red. She will be alot happier for you.. S! Keep up the good work!

352ndRibbs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gig/8gigs of RipJaw 1600
Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

Thanks, I definitely needed those pointers regarding the engine management!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Yup, great video but it looks like you hate that Merlin mate

A lot of the sputtering was because of "funky" mix/RPM/boost settings. Keep in mind that when lowering RPM the boost rises because the engine cycles slower and the air is not "sucked in" as fast as when running higher RPM.

In a few cases you were already running max boost and then started lowering RPM, this can further increase the pressure and cause you problems.

Generally speaking, the rule of thumb to prevent this is that RPM should "lead" and boost/manifold pressure should "follow:
when increasing power, increase RPM first and then advance throttle
when decreasing power, lower the throttle first and then reduce the RPM, you'll see your boost climbing back up to an acceptable number after you pull the bitch back

Still great video though and to be honest, it's nice to see videos with mistakes because they are more realistic and interesting than videos where everything is flown perfect
Old 01-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
it's nice to see videos with mistakes because they are more realistic and interesting than videos where everything is flown perfect
Then my vids should be a great success!

Thanks for the pointers, they are sorely needed...
Old 01-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Yup, great video but it looks like you hate that Merlin mate

A lot of the sputtering was because of "funky" mix/RPM/boost settings. Keep in mind that when lowering RPM the boost rises because the engine cycles slower and the air is not "sucked in" as fast as when running higher RPM.

In a few cases you were already running max boost and then started lowering RPM, this can further increase the pressure and cause you problems.

Generally speaking, the rule of thumb to prevent this is that RPM should "lead" and boost/manifold pressure should "follow:
when increasing power, increase RPM first and then advance throttle
when decreasing power, lower the throttle first and then reduce the RPM, you'll see your boost climbing back up to an acceptable number after you pull the bitch back

Still great video though and to be honest, it's nice to see videos with mistakes because they are more realistic and interesting than videos where everything is flown perfect

Thanks Blackdog..you explained it alot better than I did.. S!

352ndRibbs

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit/AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B50 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2gig/8gigs of RipJaw 1600