Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Default Can someone explain what this video is showing?

Throughout this video, but most noticeable just after 4:52 minute mark, when you get a glimpse of the propeller pitch indicator (the black clock face on the bottom right of the instruments panel) it is warping all over the place erratically. I've only flown 109's about 20 times, but never noticed this kind of behavior in auto prop mode or manual. The propeller pitch movement is smooth as butter every time I've flown one. I've also never seen G-forces affect an instrument in that manner on any aircraft, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Is this normal? Or is something fishy?

Looking for someone to shed some light here.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Never seen it do that BUT Ive never paid the prop pitch indicator any attention whilst flying the E4 either, especially in combat like that! - Only the U/pm when it wigged out or didnt give me enough power. In past versions of the game, the auto pitch wasn't like the regular pitch though. - You would not get the same effect from the same values of auto/manual.

The video is dated:

Published on 4 Mar 2012

Thats a fair few patches ago... Guess your have to sift through the patch notes and bug tracker to see.

When did the E4 come out, remember this was added later wasnt it? - maybe its one of the first ones.

Also fraps was not working well capturing the game (and still isnt on the GUI screens) - a reason why I didnt fraps anythig for a long time.

I dont think theres anything "fishy", why would he cheat on CEM when his gunnery is that good. If you knew how to use the Revi sight you would know.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 11-02-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Approved Member

It could be something introduced when playing back the track. I seam to recall a similar thing happening to the guages when playing back a track I'ld recorded flying a spitfire.

How was that video captured?

Cheers
Old 11-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Yep that would ALLOT of sense and one of the reasons I do my vids live. When you make a track its not actually playing back what happened its just recreating a log of events. - just like old IL2! So what you saw at the time is not always exactly what happened when you play back a track.

I made a track once where I was firing at a P40 from dead six -fired straight into him and he exploded. In the track all the rounds impacted thin air 10 metres right of him and then he exploded...

Further proof of this is the black death track where luthier recently mentioned a bomb bouncing of a roof which is not captured in the play back!

I think you've cracked it ST!
Old 11-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Approved Member

Yeah that's what I was thinking too...but to my knowledge recording tracks online disconnected you on ATAG (or any) servers due to it being buggy.

Also, I can't find any other videos where this is happening.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortedMan View Post

Throughout this video, but most noticeable just after 4:52 minute mark, when you get a glimpse of the propeller pitch indicator (the black clock face on the bottom right of the instruments panel) it is warping all over the place erratically. I've only flown 109's about 20 times, but never noticed this kind of behavior in auto prop mode or manual. The propeller pitch movement is smooth as butter every time I've flown one. I've also never seen G-forces affect an instrument in that manner on any aircraft, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

Is this normal? Or is something fishy?

Looking for someone to shed some light here.
ive not watched the video, but that sounds like the vid was recorded with the ingame video tool, which is bugged to hell....
for example gauges just like the prop pitch clock will not show up in the vid, as they did while flying....in this case the erractic movement.....

as well if you have a spinner on your prop nose, and record a vid with the ingame tool, the spinner will be visible the other way round like it actually is...
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Track playback bug.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Track playback bug.
Exactly, always happens in any aircraft, just record one and replay it, you will see erratic stuff like this...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

the plane still flys fine, but the pitch indicator and engine sounds go funky when you're playing a track... i was hoping they'd fix this... no chance of it before the next installment...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

That's why I always capture live while I fly.