Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW Fan View Post
I've seen cheat codes that say use the ~ or ^ button to open a cheat console...but I can't get it to work...
It's the same key that opens a console on most other games, at the upper left on your keyboard (under esc, above TAB). On my keyboard its a §.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

Default cheat code key

Thanks, I found the key for ~ and ^ but they don't call up any console. I'm using Vista, is that a problem? I tried it during the game, and used shit and ctrl keys, with and without num lock. Sigh.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Use the key below Esc, above TAB and to the left of 1. It doesn't matter what character the key has.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

And join the Hamachi FW League
Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magog View Post
Use the key below Esc, above TAB and to the left of 1. It doesn't matter what character the key has.
Okay, so I still can't get it to work. I push that key, with and without shift or ctrl or windows or numlock...but nothing comes up. Is it because of Vista?

Where are the saved games...I'm thinking I'll save, try it on another computer, add the gold and experience, then reopen the save back on my computer...but I can't find the saved games. I'm halfway through the Orc campaign but running out of
Old 04-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to create a scenario, using Alexander Mars's guide to the editor. The map is 28x28, with a four-hex wide border area. I believe I have included every step which Mars has indicated as necessary. However, when I try to load the scenario in the game, the game crashes, and I receive a message indicating that the landscape cannot be loaded.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I really enjoy this game, but, without a random map generator [which I really hope is a planned addition to the game!], a large number of user-made scenarios is needed to increase the game's longevity. So, anything which makes the editor more understandable would be useful.

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:12 AM
Approved Member

It's hard to diagnose a problem in the abstract, can you post the map somewhere so we can download it and take a look at it?
Old 04-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Approved Member

Alex,

Ok. As soon as I can figure out a place to post it, I will.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Many of us have been using Filefront to host the maps, it's free and pretty easy to set up.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Have you tried to just regenerate the landscape (by clicking the globe icon in the editor)?