Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 05-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucidation View Post
Good, I hope they hear us
Try this on dev's forum
Old 05-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

by the time the plasma projectile reaches the target the target is nowhere near.if laser defence is an issue thr is M-guns,cannons and particle acc.so a 4th gen plasma gun cant b compared with a 4th gen any other type weapon.if sum1 loves plasma so much the damage of a 4th gen plasma gun should be 3 "times" that of a 4th gen laser and not 50 extra damage, to counteract its inherent disadvantages, maybe then sum1 might use it.and this is the time wen all top tiers wud be equated.

mothership choice is solely personal.specially if u get tagged by maybe 4-5 cruisers with bad guns.

turret slotted flak guns r better,gives something to missile attack.also flares shud be bought just like missiles.u really dont expect ur ,missile defence to obtain matter 4m space and convert it into flares.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Trucidation

See, that's the point of plasmas being slow. They don't need to be 4x the power of lasers, they already "have" that in the form of not being affected by laser defence (which particle guns are also affected by). I do admit it's easy to watch their projectiles and it does seem that they miss a lot, but that's the point: when they hit they hit hard. If you don't like that then obviously you'd be better off with faster guns... which already exist in the form of kinetics and pulse lasers (not everything carries laser def, so it's not even a "guaranteeed" weakness whereas plasmas are always slow).

-
I guess they're going with "guns don't need ammo", so flak guns don't either. Eh, I can live with that. Or force you to keep a wingman solely on anti-missile duty (that's a pretty hardcore challenge though, which I find acceptable but I think many won't).

It's just that missiles currently still suck despite being beefed up from previous Star Wolves games. A huge boost would be making them not caring about shields.

@Rastix:
The devs are Russian, right? I don't speak that, unfortunately. We can only hope that they know they have an english-speaking fanbase here.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucidation View Post
@Rastix:
The devs are Russian, right? I don't speak that, unfortunately. We can only hope that they know they have an english-speaking fanbase here.
I don't see any problems at all You can write on english language in english-speaking topics on thier forum - http://www.elite-games.ru/conference...750653#1750653
Old 05-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Trucidation

That topic's pretty dead, last post was about a year ago, except for Goblin Wizard's new post (no answer yet...). Ah well, I just registered and posted, nothing to lose.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

I've got my questions answered by pm (don't ask.. ). Rastix was very helpful in this case. He seems to have some kind of connection with Elite Games team
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Trucidation

Well you were asking modding questions, heh. I was just posting feedback, they don't really need to respond.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Approved Member

After playing a bit of Dynasty Warriors, I had an idea. Why not instead of figuring out ways to add additional pilots, you could instead promote your pilots to Squad Leaders and have them lead a flight of allied fighters. So rather than have 3 flights with 1 fighter each (which is what I usually do), you can have 3 flights full of fighters.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Approved Member

Hmm.. it's interesting. Worth to check.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

New screeshots on IGN

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/073/073117/imgs_1.html