Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Dynamic Polycrewing of poly crew aircraft?

I have not seen any mention or discussion (could have missed it, lots of posts).

Will CoD have the ability to polycrew aircraft (that is, more then 1 player controlling stations in a single multi crewed aircraft?

Dynamic crewing is the ability to switch to any *unoccupied* station. That is if player leave the pilot position, another player can that spot (but not kick pilot out)?

Hoping for some good news.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pencil View Post
I have not seen any mention or discussion (could have missed it, lots of posts).

Will CoD have the ability to polycrew aircraft (that is, more then 1 player controlling stations in a single multi crewed aircraft?

Dynamic crewing is the ability to switch to any *unoccupied* station. That is if player leave the pilot position, another player can that spot (but not kick pilot out)?

Hoping for some good news.
This was at least planed. The ability to join a plane as gunner in multiplayer in flight. Can´t back this up, though.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

You can have multicrew now in IL2 coops.I am not sure about changing to unoccupied positions though.

In an IL2 dogfight map you could have semi multicrew.One could man and fly(from external) the Ohka or the Mistel while they were attached.Another flew the G4m or the FW190.

Also one could fly(from the cockpit) the special I-16 attached to the special TB3.And detach on command.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

In IL2 1946 v 4.10

Coop mode

All pilot and gunner stations are available at the aircraft selection screen, only the pilot can move to all unoccupied seats, if the pilot is killed the crew cannot enter the pilots position, your doomed.
Human crew can move to unoccupied seats in the aircraft and shift around as gunners become empty of ammo.

Dog Fight Mode

Only pilots seats available no human multi crew gunner seats, the pilot can move to all seats.

CoD

Probably the same set-up but with the ability to move to other aircraft that are AI controlled, for instabce if you got shot down you could hop into your wingmans (AI) plane.
And a load of other stuff I don't know about

Old 02-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Approved Member

IIRC it was noted when the screenshots with the menu were published. It had planes with one pilot and planes with crew. If I'm not mistaken it was said, that you can man all stations by players in DF and COOP.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Approved Member

Yes and also controllable by the host/server settings.