Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Cranky

Does this mean that Cliffs of Dover will not be updated by the new BOM? I am certain that Luthier said that after the last update for Cliffs we will be able to get missing feature and fixes when we buy BOM?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Default Goodby!

A good day for the gamers and a sad day for us simmers. Now I can sell my joystick as the mouse will be enough for the next game.
Viking
Old 12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Anyone else having trouble creating an account on the new forum?
I registered, got the activation email, clicked the link, and nothing. Even tried copying and pasting link into my browser, still nothing...

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
Does this mean that Cliffs of Dover will not be updated by the new BOM? I am certain that Luthier said that after the last update for Cliffs we will be able to get missing feature and fixes when we buy BOM?
I guess either they changed their minds or it was changed for them. Pitty there was so much negative reaction to COD by parts of the community. The sad thing is that negativity will probably be tranfered to BOS. Some people just can't help themselves.

Oh! welcome to the community. Pitty, you should have been here yesterday!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
Im pretty sure that was before he lost his job........lol

Im not sure what you guys are all pissy about, 1C RAPED you for a year and a half with an unplayable nightmare. Starved you of information, insulted your intelligence, stomped out with an iron fist your discontent over a broken product that you bought under false pretenses, rewrote the game you bought and took out half the features they advertised on, and you are sad?

I say REJOICE! RoF is a great game, if you read the QandA Jason says they are getting the RoF engine ready for WWII, and were going to be playing it in 14 Months!!!!!!!!!

that QandA answered more questions in one thread than 1C answered in a year.

Bring it on 777!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Approved Member

See Cranky,

Told you!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploughman View Post
No, I don't know them personally but what was stopping the RoF team from getting into WWII aviation with or without Maddox games? Something died today. Something that I've been into for ten years. The CloD engine showed lots of promise, it wasn't perfect but it was getting there and I'm not convinced that the engine that powers RoF is going to offer us the future that the CloD engine might have. I will, of course, buy the Battle of Stalingrad iteration of RoF. But Maddox games and Il-2 Sturmovik and Cliffs of Dover, that seems to be over and I'm not rejoicing.
I think it has been over for some time. I wish it were otherwise of course, but the new team at MG did not seem to be going forward with the things that they inherited. I'm more inclined to think of this as a much needed transfusion, rather than a death in the family.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmand View Post
please do not let the clodo engine die,
release part of code source for the community / modder
or aircraft / terran builder

make a last gift for your fan and cliffs of dover user...
WW2 flight sims are a niche - there is no space for a competing (even worse it's free!) product.
If they did that, it would only prove their management is still terrible.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

this is the worst possible news

forget high realism simulator, prepare for cartoon world with jason asking for 20$ at every step

the 1C management has just thrown out 6 years of development of the most sophisticated nex gen sim that could have evolved into all we asked for in the last 10 years, only to throw it all away because they dont understand what was rescued by luthier, and all they can think of is the wasted years when they (the 1c managers) were not overseeing oleg close enough to keep his release dates on track

our only hope now is that luthier goes on to make his korean war sim and has greater idea's

bad choice 1c management, very bad choice ! the RoF "game engine" is dated and not able to reproduce real time modeling of flight physics for aircraft, its going to be a console type arcade game but released for pc, and they have thrown away a highly sophisticated flightsim that took years to develop
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Awwwwwweesoooooome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes yes!!!!