Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

Default Announcement of the game "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad"

Good day everyone!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to share with you the news and reveal our plans.

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios and develop Battle of Stalingrad!

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game - Il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that the collection of your wishes and suggestions, various data and answers to your questions, etc. will be made only on the official forum. Our team visits various flight-simulation portals with great respect and we are grateful for their help and support, but we need to focus our attention and efforts on just one as we work through this challenging development period. We hope you understand.

The obligation to communicate with the Russian-speaking community is entrusted to me; I will also assist Jason Williams
(president of 777 Studios) with the English-speaking audiences. Also, for very specific or technical topics other members of 1C Game Studios will occasionally lend a hand.

About the problems of registration:
If you have any problems, don't receive a letter for activation, etc. - write to me at this address, the issue will be resolved.

Last edited by BlackSix; 12-14-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Thx for the Info
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Well, bring it on. Lets see how this progresses.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingblind View Post
Well, bring it on. Lets see how this progresses.
lets see shall we.... you pay a premium for a game like Cliffs of Dover and expect a game to be finished.... but no - lets just not bother trying to fix our mess and make another mess and charge a premium... no thank you... this one did it for me. At least let the professionals and by that i mean the users who can programme the game properly have a bash if you cant be bothered... just my pennies worth!!! humpfff
Old 12-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Awwwwwweesoooooome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes yes!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

I guess it is better than nothing, and some speculations were real.

Guud luck guys, let us see how it turns out.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Approved Member

Well can't say that I am totally suprised, guess where there was a little smoke there was some fire...
I had a feeling something might be up, when they released the final patch via Steam so quickly after RC2 came out for testing, and said that was it until the official announcement.
If there is one thing we can always count on, is there will always be change going forward. Hopefully this will be a good thing, and only time will tell.

Obviously the concept of future merged installs with CLoD, along with the current title benefitting from future development is now out the window. CLoD is now certainly a stand alone product, and we will see no future improvements unless somehow modders get involved in some way.

I am not off to a good start, as I can't seem to get registered on the new official forum. I have sent B6 an email so hopefully he can get me squared away.

Certainly a sad day for the current interation of the IL2 franchise as we know it, but hopefully better things will be on the horizon.

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
Good day everyone!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to share with you the news and reveal our plans.

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios and develop Battle of Stalingrad!

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game - Il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that the collection of your wishes and suggestions, various data and answers to your questions, etc. will be made only on the official forum. Our team visits various flight-simulation portals with great respect and we are grateful for their help and support, but we need to focus our attention and efforts on just one as we work through this challenging development period. We hope you understand.

The obligation to communicate with the Russian-speaking community is entrusted to me; I will also assist Jason Williams
(president of 777 Studios) with the English-speaking audiences. Also, for very specific or technical topics other members of 1C Game Studios will occasionally lend a hand.
Now that is making my xmas very merry! S!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

A few people have voiced their concerns about the flight models in RoF being simple. You just get a handful of planes in the air at any given time and it's an arcade-style dogfight. I don't know where you're getting this from. Have you played RoF lately? WWI dogfighting is much different than WWII. The scale was different, and naturally the airplanes were different. Obviously, I've never flown any of these aircraft myself, but they handle really well. I get a more realistic sense of flight than in any other flight sim I've played actually. I remember the first few weeks I got the game I would poke my head out to the side and hear the air rushing hard and I looked down and actually got a feeling of vertigo. How those little biplanes float around is spot on. I think this combined venture will surprise a lot of people.

The RoF graphics engine is capable of handling a lot more, you just gotta give it time. Let's say, enough time for a 2014 release? RoF is amazing, and the fact that 777 is teaming up with 1C to make the next IL-2 game is literally the perfect scenario. Over the past couple years RoF has ironed out the kinks and the engine is smooth, pretty, bug free, and accurate. What else could you want?

I also love the pricing model for RoF. It prevents piracy, it keeps the devs funded, and it allows for a high standard of quality. Every one of their planes is beautiful (even if it's an ugly plane), and if the flight modelling is incorrect, since the devs are continuously funded, they can work on them consistently to fix them.

It's a shame that one thing failed, but in the wake of its demise grows a potentially far greater thing. The series lives on!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Approved Member

Personally, I would have thought teaming up with DCS to be a better choice.....
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.