Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Default FW-200 fire origin is bizzare

The new Dev pic of the FW-200 on fire is really bothering me.
Why I will not say it is incorrect is becuase I do not not have detailed info on the 200 to conclusively say it is wrong.

The origin of the fire in this image seems to be directly behind the pilots....

To support such a raging fire needs lots of fuel.
Is there a fuel tank located immediately behind the pilots?

Is there?

I found this model, is it accurate? (even if so, the tank is a more aft then burning image suggests).

(http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co...vestre/00.shtm)

PS: does it look like the front gunner has TWO guns?

Last edited by Flying Pencil; 09-10-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

For comparison the He-111 fire:

Between the bomb cells and fuselage are oxygen bottles, and between the cells along the catwalk is a hydraulic tank, both of which will provide ample fuel sources (ok ok, 1 is an oxidizer).

There is also some electrical circuits that could short and burn too.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantishek View Post

I think it is the gun, and the shadow of the gun.

And I think that the fuselage fuel tanks have been holed, the fuel has poured into the cabin and is now floating forward towards the cockpit while it is burning.

Skarphol
Old 09-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The new Dev pic of the FW-200 on fire is really bothering me.
Why I will not say it is incorrect is becuase I do not not have detailed info on the 200 to conclusively say it is wrong.

The origin of the fire in this image seems to be directly behind the pilots....

To support such a raging fire needs lots of fuel.
Is there a fuel tank located immediately behind the pilots?

Is there?

I found this model, is it accurate? (even if so, the tank is a more aft then burning image suggests).

This is joke, right? I really hope it is...
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB605 View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking.. Antennagate is now firegate.. ffs.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

The flames and transitions flame/smoke are nice, but the brightness of the flames is very low, far too low...This has been an issue from the beginning of SoW screenshots.

Every particle composing the flame is an individual light emitter, so you cannot see anything behind a flame, the brightness difference between the flame and background is too large.
You may or may not see whatever is positioned behind the smoke created by flames like this one...It is possible in case of high temperature/high speed fire (very light smoke, for a while at least) or lower temperature but quite thin (alongside the fuselage in some places, for instance, but not any more behind the aircraft, until the volume of smoke has expended enough to decrease its density)...

Not easy, I must admit!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarphol View Post
I think it is the gun, and the shadow of the gun.

And I think that the fuselage fuel tanks have been holed, the fuel has poured into the cabin and is now floating forward towards the cockpit while it is burning.

Skarphol
No, not shadow.
You can see the gun shadows under them, and yes, I see 2 shadows.

and I doubt 1C modeled the fuel to flow from the tanks to other parts, taking into account gravity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB605 View Post
It's serious.

You don't see film of real aircraft spurt fire from wing tips or top of rudder.
Most of those films show the origin right at the tanks and go aft, most times in a direct streak aft, not the red cotton balls you see on this.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

It's serious.

You don't see film of real aircraft spurt fire from wing tips or top of rudder.
Most of those films show the origin right at the tanks and go aft, most times in a direct streak aft, not the red cotton balls you see on this.
It's not serious it's petty.. There could be over 20 aircraft on fire at the same time in this game.. Once again a screenshot is being taken apart, a WIP screenshot at that. This game has to do so much at any one time that to start getting so picky, over a flat lifeless still from an unfinished computer game, (of which this is probably not even 1% of the work that's been done) is, frankly pointless. (I think that proper historical errors should be pointed out on here because that's important.)
But we've had the colour of the sea is wrong, the colour of the grass is wrong, the fire's wrong, the smoke's wrong, the pilot's wrong, the pilot's hitler... the list goes on. The majority of it seems to be about egos on this forum (I'm fairly new to it, most of my posts are on BoP forum)

Then I'm reduced to reading shit like 'I've lived in England all my life and this grass is too green' posted by someone to justify their opinion, when all they needed to say was I think the grass is too green (the devs are quite clever and if they hadn't already noticed this then he may well have saved the day!)

It's a joke.

There's a much bigger picture that we are simply not going to see until we see SoW move... Then you can all start slagging it off proper.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

What is wrong in someone expressing their views? Why post screenshots and not expect discussion? This is all info that Oleg and the team can take into consideration. if you don't like what's been written, then don't read it again. People can post what they like if it's aviation related.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
What is wrong in someone expressing their views? Why post screenshots and not expect discussion? This is all info that Oleg and the team can take into consideration. if you don't like what's been written, then don't read it again. People can post what they like if it's aviation related.
I have no problem with people expressing views. You have a point about the grass. I'm not one for censorship either. I'm just pointing out that there are better ways to get your point across. Sorry for singleing you out but I just found it bizarre that you had to justify your opinion by stating that you were an englishman. You're a regular poster and I'm sure that if the devs were not aware of the problem of the grass coulour, that if you'd just said 'I think the grass is too green', they would look and think oh ok. I would never have mentioned it otherwise. I was using it as an example of where this forum is at.