Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

It will include A Zepplin, Bizmark, every 109 variant ever made, un-porked .50 calibres, real smoke and fire effects, FMB+++++, QMB++++++, Moving Dogfight Server, Very Moving Dogfight Server and Emotionally Crippling Dogfight Server.

The Heavies will all be flyable with accurately modeled Cockpits, the online will have friendly fire directed back at the person shooting it, there'll be a Mosquito Tsetse version, all P-38's and P-47 variants along with a B-26, B-52 and F-86 and Mig's.
On the naval side do not forget the midget submarines, Graf Zepplin carrier, HMS Hood, Operation Sealion Rhine river barges and a selection of little boats for proper Dunkirk simulations.

Observant players will spot various famous personalities including Patton, Rommel (mounted in Grief), Guderian, Montgomery, Indianna Jones and Eisenhower driving around the battlefield. A special feature will be concert tours by the likes of Vera Lynn and Glenn Miller.

Tactical modifications include the ability to kill Tiger tanks by bouncing 0.50 cal off the ground and a special "ludicrous mode" that allows the P51D to perform like the movies.

New maps include Tibet, Casablanca complete with Humphrey Bogart and a fully detailed Rome map complete with his holiness the Pontif waving from his balcony in the Vatican.

There will be Apple OS, Linux and Nintendo Wii versions of the game.

2 weeks
Old 08-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
On the naval side do not forget the midget submarines, Graf Zepplin carrier, HMS Hood, Operation Sealion Rhine river barges and a selection of little boats for proper Dunkirk simulations.

Observant players will spot various famous personalities including Patton, Rommel (mounted in Grief), Guderian, Montgomery, Indianna Jones and Eisenhower driving around the battlefield. A special feature will be concert tours by the likes of Vera Lynn and Glenn Miller.

Tactical modifications include the ability to kill Tiger tanks by bouncing 0.50 cal off the ground and a special "ludicrous mode" that allows the P51D to perform like the movies.

New maps include Tibet, Casablanca complete with Humphrey Bogart and a fully detailed Rome map complete with his holiness the Pontif waving from his balcony in the Vatican.

There will be Apple OS, Linux and Nintendo Wii versions of the game.

2 weeks
Don't forget the ability to control your bailed out pilot, run to a tank or a car, drive around and recreate the battlefield with Modern Warfare Graphics modeled on the ground.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Default ?¿

I really do not get the point...

We do already have all those things some of you mention as "out of any reasonable expectation", as "what great opportunity to show my magnificent sense of irony".
A significant part of the community enjoys everyday those "out of mind requests", even quite a few more and many of those generous additions to the game have been developed by single efforts of people which are very well known in the virtual skies.

So what do I really expect from the 4.10 patch?

What I expect is the confirmation that the work done by the community it really is appreciated by the official staff of the game.
That additional support will be given to those who, mostly alone and in some “non formally acceptable way”, have insufflated unexpectedly new life to the game taking it far beyond anyone expected.
I really expect some few more things, but I think that by now you already have enough arguments to make ingenious comments which I sincerely value.

Forgive me, but I must say one more thing…
There is no reason to confront others in order to defend the game and how things are being handled.
Salutes.

Last edited by Majo; 08-27-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majo View Post
So what do I really expect from the 4.10 patch?
What I expect is the confirmation that the work done by the community it really is appreciated by the official staff of the game.
What exactly you are talking about, who is community, who is official stuff and where is DT in all of that?

Quote:
That additional support will be given to those who, mostly alone and in some “non formally acceptable way”, have insufflated unexpectedly new life to the game taking it far beyond anyone expected.
Again, make you post clear, who are you referring too, if you are talking about modders than say it so.

If you really talk about modders , only them fit “non formally acceptable way”,than DT position is clear and stated long ago. Anybody who he has something to offer, can do that but we are not going to encourage anybody to do things in a “non formally acceptable way”. We might turn the blind eye from time to time but preferred methods are those done in “ formally acceptable way”.
As far as I'm concerned, things that are done and not released as mods have much better chances to be included in future patches than those which are released as mods previously.

Fact is that rare are the ones whose work is good enough to be seriously considered and even rarer are those who are willing to bring up their work to required standard when asked to do so.

Making mods is much easier than making official patch and levels of responsibly are not comparable at all. And that is the main reason why only a few "3rd party" projects will be included in in 4.10.

As far as 4.10 status is concerned, there is only one "big" problem left to be solved. List of features is "locked" and we are doing mostly non-glamorous things like writing translations of all new text added to the game, finalizing new QMB missions and doing minor corrections in 3d models and textures.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
In case you didn't know, IL-2 has been very much community driven since Forgotten Battles, For example Gladiator and Tempest external and cockpit models are completely done by the community members. Many other planes too.

So if something is done according to the standards (poly limits, texture limits, etc.) then of course it's accepted.

Like FC said, one of the things that we are currently doing is localization. This is quite huge work since there are so many things to be translated. Caspar had quite a shock when he realized how much he needs to translate to German. And this didn't even include the readme.

We could use external help for the readme translation. Specially for the technical stuff like RDF.

Last edited by Viikate; 08-27-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Sorry for not being clear.

I understand the il2 community as the gathering of individuals with the aim to enjoy the game in all the possible ways, mainly playing of course, but also, sharing things with others, making proposals, asking/giving reliable information, etc...

For me the official staff are the owners of the game and the people managing its official development, also giving official support to the il2 community.

Yes. The modders, in my opinion, are the main responsible for the actual situation of the game (here everyone will have its own opinion).
Still there are a great amount of members of the community, that not being modders in the sense I think you mean, have made great contributions to the game and in my opinion deserve support and recognition.

About where de DT stands I really don’t know, even though I recognize the DT has tried to make it clear.
I am really looking forward about the 4.10. Somehow I think it would be a great opportunity for the official game staff to recognize the efforts of so many people including the members of the DT.

Salutes.

I do have some experience with Spanish technical translation.

Last edited by Majo; 08-27-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Spanish is my mother tongue and I grew up in germany (So my german is very good too) if I can lend some aid just ask.

Regards
Hunger
Old 08-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
For me the official staff are the owners of the game and the people managing its official development, also giving official support to the il2 community.
In that sense DT is part of official development too.

Quote:
Yes. The modders, in my opinion, are the main responsible for the actual situation of the game (here everyone will have its own opinion).
Still there are a great amount of members of the community, that not being modders in the sense I think you mean, have made great contributions to the game and in my opinion deserve support and recognition.
Viikate explained this and I can only repeat that we are open for cooperation but for the most part people chose to make mods instead of official additions because making mods is easier. For example, you can make 3d model that looks great but it is using 15000 polygons. That can be and is often released as mod but is absolutely unacceptable for official release. In such situations most of the people give up.

Quote:
About where de DT stands I really don’t know, even though I recognize the DT has tried to make it clear.
We are making the patch "officially", we are also responsible for its content, we want to cooperate with Il2 community but any cooperation with "3rd party" contributors must be legally clean. I don't want to be sued because somebody stole 3d model or texture from other game.

Quote:
I am really looking forward about the 4.10. Somehow I think it would be a great opportunity for the official game staff to recognize the efforts of so many people including the members of the DT.
DT effort is already recognized in 4.09, 4.10 is just a continuation of that work. Oleg is really a great guy, only thing he wanted from the community is little respect, he got it from DT and that's why we are here now,developing Il2 while Oleg works on SOW.

FC
Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

There is probably no way we, the community, can persuade you to finish the patch first and let us download the (translated) docs later?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for the offer Majo & Hunger, but Spanish isn't among the languages that are normally translated. Previously readme has been translated to DE, FR & RU.