Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Question Multi engine control in SoW?

I am assuming (safe best I am sure) SoW will have individual engine control in multi engine aircraft.

How will it be done, what products is it compatible with?
CH and Saitek come to mind.
What about other devices?

For my Christmas shopping list.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

mmm in IL2 has been developed so( not officialy released, but Mikkowl did a program for G940 users) I suposse they will add in SOW:BOB.

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

MikkOwl's utility works for any device - you can set the axes manually.

SoW BoB should work the same way as IL2 - where you can assign what each axis does, thus eliminating compatibility problems.

It would make no sense if the sim was only compatible with certain controllers...
Old 09-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Even IL2 is getting built in support for separate controls on multi-engine planes and on top of that, the addition of separate control profiles, thanks to TD.

For example, you will be able to have 2-3 different control settings. Before flying a P-38 you will be able to choose your twin engined profile from within the game so that you can control the throttles separately with your Logitech G940. When swapping for a P51 you will be doing the same for a single-engined profile, so that one of the G940 levers acts as a throttle and the other as prop pitch, and so on. This will be coming in one of the Team Daidalos patches.

So, if IL2 is getting such options, i'm sure SoW will be getting them as well
What would definitely rock would be the ability to set aircraft-specific control profiles.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Even IL2 is getting built in support for separate controls on multi-engine planes and on top of that, the addition of separate control profiles, thanks to TD.

For example, you will be able to have 2-3 different control settings. Before flying a P-38 you will be able to choose your twin engined profile from within the game so that you can control the throttles separately with your Logitech G940. When swapping for a P51 you will be doing the same for a single-engined profile, so that one of the G940 levers acts as a throttle and the other as prop pitch, and so on. This will be coming in one of the Team Daidalos patches.

So, if IL2 is getting such options, i'm sure SoW will be getting them as well
What would definitely rock would be the ability to set aircraft-specific control profiles.
Hopefully all the oddities of asymmetric flight are also being modeled.