Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Hecke

Default TrackIR 5 config

Hi guys,

i have Trackir 5 and my wishes for IL-2 1946 are:

- more than 90° view left and right
- view straight forward should be a lot less sensible so that aiming is better

I tried a lot with the speed controller and so i get the over 90° to each side but then it is too sensible in aiming.

I don't know which graph i have to pull where to get the sensibility less only for the front part of view.

Hope you can help me.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

Hi folk:
Althought I have a Trackir 4, I think I can help you.
I have the speed for all the movements lineal ,at speed 9, this can be weird for aim, but I hate when the sight slows down when you are near to the center. Just look the screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trackir.jpg (15.4 KB, 58 views)

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Hi guys,

I tried a lot with the speed controller and so i get the over 90° to each side but then it is too sensible in aiming.

I don't know which graph i have to pull where to get the sensibility less only for the front part of view.

Hope you can help me.
You can alo look at setting a dead zone generally in the yaw/pitch axes, to prevent small head movement from causing your view to move when straight ahead, you can then look at adjusting the points on the curves slightly higher to increase the overall movement of the head itself.

See attachment

Though the number of points being used for the deadzone don't need to be that many
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=63&filename=2.jpg (8.8 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Hi guys,

Hope you can help me.
I also have trackIR 5, but with all versions it's about personal preference.
The standard 'combat' profile is great and gives 180 degree field, however I find it too fast.
The standard profile for FSX is ok, but I like the 'smooth' option best, with a few parameters in the motion curve customised to suit my arthritic neck.
Hope this helps!
You just have to play about with it tilll you find what suits.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Approved Member

Wether this is helpful depends on wether TrackIR is similar to Freetrack. Given that the POV switches are redundant when either FT or TrackIR are enabled, I have assigned the following commands to the four POV positions to overcome the problem you describe. BTW, I use 6 DOF and Freetrack allows you to assign Keyboard commands to all of the various axis to turn them on or off, and to 'centre' your view with the option to 'pause'. Maybe TrackIR has the same options.

'Toggle Gunsight' (IL Keyboard command) Look around still available but now with 2 DOF but gunsight correctly orientated for accurate aiming. This works on all ac even though I thought it was specifically for certain types of ac.

'CentreView' with 'pause' (keyboard stroke assigned in Freetrack) and all axis disabled.

Wide FOV. (IL2 Keyboard command) If I move in to my gunsight then sometimes, rather than move back, I just select wide view and instantly have a better field of of view if the ac Im chasing suddenly changes its flight path.

Disable X -Y axis (Freetrack axis commands) so that I am perfectly in line with the gunsight when I need to be but can still look around if necessary.

Last edited by SEE; 09-10-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

Try this profile and see if it help

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0qmjhzhdim/one2one.xml
Old 09-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Hecke

Thx guys you helped me a lot.

Is it possible to insert more points to the graph for smoother curves?

Last edited by Hecke; 09-10-2010 at 12:43 PM.