Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:54 AM
Approved Member

Default Need help in Korsun single mission

Help needed is in the free hunt mission. I have been trying to get all the German transports down but keep running out of time. I've tried sending my wingman with me to shoot down one of two while the rest of the squadron takes the other two transports, but I still run out of time because unfortunatly my squad or wingman are too slow in shooting them down. I had shot down six transports all by myself, was going for the other 4 that were down south on the map but STILL ran out time! Man, this one is tough.

I was going to ask for help in the Sicily mission where you protect the ground targets, but finally found out you need to just keep over the targets to keep the mission from failing. You can say one thing.... these missions are getting tougher and tougher!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

You can select another squad member to fly with in the map menu, and using the arrow keys up and down. This way you can send some of your squadmates to the other planes, and as soon as you've downed yours, you can switch to another squad member and you'll be in the action yourself right away.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

I had a tough time on this one. In fact, I gave up trying to beat it on realistic and I just beat it on arcade. Not to mention my frustrations with the Yak-9T. Will attempt to do it on realistic soon...
Old 09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

This one is hard, but not nearly as hard as The Shepard mission (Also in Korsun Pocket) I eventually had to go to arcade to finish it.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksungregg View Post
Help needed is in the free hunt mission. I have been trying to get all the German transports down but keep running out of time. I've tried sending my wingman with me to shoot down one of two while the rest of the squadron takes the other two transports, but I still run out of time because unfortunatly my squad or wingman are too slow in shooting them down. I had shot down six transports all by myself, was going for the other 4 that were down south on the map but STILL ran out time! Man, this one is tough.

I was going to ask for help in the Sicily mission where you protect the ground targets, but finally found out you need to just keep over the targets to keep the mission from failing. You can say one thing.... these missions are getting tougher and tougher!
No matter what you do it seems impossible on anything other than Arcade. Perhaps if you could choose which plane you would like to use......
Old 09-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd27 View Post
This one is hard, but not nearly as hard as The Shepard mission (Also in Korsun Pocket) I eventually had to go to arcade to finish it.
Actually, I only failed that mission once but beat it the second time on realistic... And I failed the Free Hunt mission about 4 times on realistic and then switched to arcade to beat it.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered Member

Hi guys... New on the Sturmovik forums. Great game etc etc, like you guys all know. Finished the main story line on Arcade but also stuck in the Korsun missions. This topic was about the Free Hunt, the first one I am stuck on. I know its a tactical map, and you have to take control of your wingmen to send them to the different targets. Guys, bare with me, I am old (lol almost 40), but can you guys explain what you have done to conquer this one? Is it taking control of a pilot, fly to a target, lock on and then go to your next pilot, lock him on another target etc etc??
Maybe I have got it totally wrong. Let me get to finish this one, before I go to the babysitter and the other ones LOL

PS Online play is great WHEN people are on (pretty quiet still). Hope to see you all in the skies soon!

PvL
Old 09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

You can't lock on the pilot you're flying with, just your teammates. What I'd do is tell your teammates to follow the quest target (right arrow on XBOX, I presume it's the same on PS3) and they'll split up into another group following a different target flight. When you've taken down your first target flight, you can switch to another pilot at the other flight and bring it down yourself. Attacking an airplane yourself is usually faster than letting your teammates try it (at least, this is supposed to be the case ).