Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Default locked treads on IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

When 2 teams merge it only natural to comepair and debate good and bad from eatch products. Trying to shut that down only expose the new project is not so great and thought through at all. You allway try to aim for getting the best from eatch team and products to make a even stronger and better product. Why not in this project? Why not?

So an other tread is have just been locked. Now they just locked the CEM tread on the other forum. That will only upset people even more and doubting the upcomming product. Do you have to like, what they will not make for there new game? I wish that I could have the faith and hope of the new project, but this censorship and intollerance to dubious shake, makes me lack of confidence in project and the management behind this.
Personaly I would like to put up theat quistion, on the other forum, but Im pretty shure I would get a ban right away. Thats why Im posting it here.

What quistion are allowed to be discussed? When I look down on the main Genneral page I see alot of locked treads. Not a good sign in my Optics.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

The are trying to stop the constant trolling that ruined this place. It looks like they might be doing that here, also. Too late, unfortunately.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Approved Member

The threads are getting locked because some players can't seem to stop trying to either stoke the fires of discontent (just to do it) or just want to troll because they have been getting away with it during the weekends.

This had nothing to do with the quality of the product, it is simply too early to make any guesses as to how it will be, they are locking threads because they don't want the forum to become a infamous cesspool of needless bickering and hate like this one seems to be (at least to me, a newcomer).

I don't care what sim you like, there is simply no reason to act like some of the guys who are getting threads locked over there.

Frankly, if I were the mods, I would be banning a ton of people because all they want to do is derail any discussion with complaints that have no actual basis in reality.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

Pretty much what the above said.

The CEM thread was going just fine until it degenerated into yet another tit for tat argument.

Simple fact is..... The BOS forum is for discussing what features people would like to see, updates, general chat etc.. not for the whole CloD vs ROF idiocy. Sadly it all kicked off again and, therefore, the thread was locked. Seems totally fair to me.

I love CloD and I'm as sad about its demise as anyone is but I really don't think it is fair to pollute the BOS forum with that kind of childish crap.

BOS is not CloD and it is not ROF! It is BOS.

So far I haven't seen any problems on there with regards to referring to features in CloD, mentioning how one would like to see those features implemented in BOS... What I have seen, though, is moderators clamping down on stupid antics and "My sim is better than your sim!" bs.

There is no conspiracy. Us CloD pilots aren't being picked on and, as far as I can tell, nothing is happening other than a bunch of people trying to create a WW2 flight sim with a future for us. Yep. US.

Surely a little more decorum wouldn't be too much to ask for?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Don't want a thread locked? Don't play stupid games.
Talking about how great the features if you condemned game are is pretty retarded, and has nothing to do with BoS.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post

~
Well, the same could have applied here... it seemed to be all well and good to pollute this forum!
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Approved Member

That's a good point, Wolf_rider.

Surely a little more decorum wouldn't be too much to ask for once?

There you go. Fixed it. lol
Old 12-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Approved Member

Their forum their rules. Looks like they want to distance themselves from both CoD AND RoF, so the RoF fans might not want to get too cozy, as that sim could very well be the next one for the chop.
Can't see how they can keep both going, and WW2 is where the money tree is.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
That's a good point, Wolf_rider.

Surely a little more decorum wouldn't be too much to ask for once?

There you go. Fixed it. lol

perhaps, you could lead by example and conduct yourself in the same decorum you ask of others?

now its fixed
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Pretty much what the above said.

The CEM thread was going just fine until it degenerated into yet another tit for tat argument.

Simple fact is..... The BOS forum is for discussing what features people would like to see, updates, general chat etc.. not for the whole CloD vs ROF idiocy. Sadly it all kicked off again and, therefore, the thread was locked. Seems totally fair to me.

I love CloD and I'm as sad about its demise as anyone is but I really don't think it is fair to pollute the BOS forum with that kind of childish crap.

BOS is not CloD and it is not ROF! It is BOS.

So far I haven't seen any problems on there with regards to referring to features in CloD, mentioning how one would like to see those features implemented in BOS... What I have seen, though, is moderators clamping down on stupid antics and "My sim is better than your sim!" bs.

There is no conspiracy. Us CloD pilots aren't being picked on and, as far as I can tell, nothing is happening other than a bunch of people trying to create a WW2 flight sim with a future for us. Yep. US.

A healthy dose of reality. Well said.
Closed Thread