Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Question ToW: Korea Inert Start-up/CTD Issue

Well I have tried the steam forums and have gotten help and guidance but I have run out of ideas of how to fix this situation. Here is my issue:

When I go to launch the game it shows that steam is preparing to launch ToW: Korea. So my avatar glows green showing I am playing the game well after a second it goes back to blue and I never even see the application launch.

I have all of the .EXE's on the exceptions list for AVG.

The Event Finder didn't even log the game's exe launching and crashing.

The games logs do not even record this issue ( That I can find )

I have reinstalled it 3 times thinking that the Steam sales might be interfering with the D/L Manager system.

I am sure though that it is not a steam problem. I have a laptop (win7 64-bit) that I do not use much (not bad or anything just don't use it a lot) and installed Korea on it and it runs fine.

I am thinking it is either some how:
-Windows Admin Mode
-Direct X Issue ( On the laptop when I launched it for the first time it showed that it was doing an installation )
-dotnetfx20 issue

So that is the end of my post I would be grateful if anyone has insight to this issue.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

So the same version installed on laptop works? Then it fails to launch because of some hardware or software configuration on your PC. What are the specs of your PC? Install Dx 9 from microsoft site (you may already have Dx 10 or 11 installed, but they don't include all the stuff from Dx 9).
Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Windows 7 64bit SP1
Intel Core 2 quad cpu q9450 @ 2.67Ghz
8gigs of ram (6.50 available)

And ya mean just regular old DX9 off of Microsoft. I mean I have it installed or are you thinking of a corruption issue.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Well, it works for me on Win7 64-bit SP1, Core 2 Duo E8400, 4 gigs of RAM and Radeon 6850. What's your video card?
Also check DEP settings as described here (Steam version of the game uses Steam DRM instead of one used in Battlefront version though).