Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fantasy Wars

Fantasy Wars Turn-based strategy. Gather an army, upgrade units, study magic spells, participate in castle sieges and assaults to destroy the great Orc Ugraum’s horde.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

Default Playing this great game non-stop!

As you can tell from the topic title, i just want to share with you all my experiences from this game. I've been playing it for a couple of months now, especially during the past 5-6 weeks. I've played through the campaigns of the original game and also some the Elven Legacy campaigns. The parts i like the most however are the Humans campaign and the Orcs campaign, though i can't really explain why. During the last month i think i've played through the humans campaign maybe 10 times, the orcs campaign almost as many times and the Alliance campaign 3-4 times... I've had so much fun with this game!

I always play at "hard" difficulty, always go for the gold victory and try never to lose any units if at all possible. I've also played through the whole humans and orcs campaigns with no saving/reloading - which was also a lot of fun!

What i love most about Fantasy Wars is the complexity, the difficulty (it's so hard before you get into it...), the fact that it's completely turn based and has very few random elements.

I just wanted to share this story, i hope others are having as much fun with these games as i've had - we need more games like these!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

Me too! In my last 3 week binge I played through all campaigns from both games twice in a row! I too like Human and Orc campaigns. but my favourite is the magic campaign, it has so many unusual possibilities.
I love these games, wonder why they aren't releasing more of it. Can't be expensive to make new campaigns when all the base game is already there, I mean this is what people often make in their free time for games.
Give us more campaigns, screw the expensive videos and story, we skip them anyway!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

I had a blast with this game years ago, but i never got myself into playing expansions. I own them, but somehow i dont feel this game anymore.