Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty

King's Bounty Famous series of Fantasy Real-time RPG with turn-based battles.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Default King's Bounty 2 - Coming 2020

Use this thread to discuss about the upcoming King's Bounty 2.
Links:
Official site: https://kingsbounty2.com/en/
Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ngs_Bounty_II/

Last edited by Space Knight; 08-14-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Well can't say I am all over this, despite waiting for ages for the news...
The CGI is nice, yes, but it just looks like a generic medieval setting. The fantasy creatures are thrown in almost as an afterthought, and we never even see magic used in the trailer. The designs are not as vibrant and cartoonish as in the first games, which was its unique style, and now look like any other RPG's. These armored soldiers could be from For Honor or the Witcher, for all I know.
The very few screens showing combat seem to indicate instead of 1 unit representing a troop now there will be many in one hex, same as in Age of Wonders.
https://kingsbounty2.com/wp-content/...stria.0001.png
The preorders are rather ridiculous... you only get certain units and items if you buy the more expensive editions? Heck the Rage Casket (from the first game) is only in the most expensive edition...
The story certainly seems to be more in focus than in the old games. But I dunno overall. It seems to be Game of Thrones style low fantasy as opposed to the high fantasy of the old games where magic and wonder was on every corner...
Old 08-16-2019, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

God, we've been waiting for this forever so I'm glad that we're finally getting a sequel.

Looks very DIFFERENT. Time will tell whether it's good different or bad different.

I'm just playing it's not Disciples II to Disciples III different...

Or MOO2 to MOO3 different...
Old 08-16-2019, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Well, they said we'd hear something sooner than we'd expect. And eventually I expected it to be in another lifetime. So they were right.

Seems it's truly something new, though not sure about the more "realistic" graphics. In the end it's about gameplay though. They got my attention again.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Well can't say I am all over this, despite waiting for ages for the news...
The CGI is nice, yes, but it just looks like a generic medieval setting. The fantasy creatures are thrown in almost as an afterthought, and we never even see magic used in the trailer. The designs are not as vibrant and cartoonish as in the first games, which was its unique style, and now look like any other RPG's. These armored soldiers could be from For Honor or the Witcher, for all I know.
The very few screens showing combat seem to indicate instead of 1 unit representing a troop now there will be many in one hex, same as in Age of Wonders.
https://kingsbounty2.com/wp-content/...stria.0001.png
The preorders are rather ridiculous... you only get certain units and items if you buy the more expensive editions? Heck the Rage Casket (from the first game) is only in the most expensive edition...
The story certainly seems to be more in focus than in the old games. But I dunno overall. It seems to be Game of Thrones style low fantasy as opposed to the high fantasy of the old games where magic and wonder was on every corner...
That's what I think too. But they still only showed us one playable character out of three and there also are some easter eggs hidden in the Art section of the site, like the dwarf and the giant on the left of the first image (the Archmage too, but that's mostly a reference to the old games), or the archer who seems to be an elf. What I'm saying is that they still have a lot to show us and that they just can't spoil the Magic and everything from the beginning.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

I could care less what they do with the graphics, as long as they deliver on the game play and remember that this is a FANTASY GAME. Magic, elven lands, undead islands, pirate beaches, demonis, ect are what makes these games unique and interesting. Based on the trailer it looks a bit too...medieval. We'll see though, either way i'm absolutely thrilled to see another one coming and I'm in. Let's see who in this forum will be the first to complete a no loss run
Old 08-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

While I agree that it definitely has a different feel, I am excited about it. I am not going to judge too much from the photoes. They really needed to update the game drastically for it to feel like a king's bounty 2 instead of just another expansion. I am looking forward to the more complex tactically battle. I wonder if we still see our hero from above, or if the hero will now move in third person? It could look like both.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc6311 View Post
I could care less what they do with the graphics, as long as they deliver on the game play and remember that this is a FANTASY GAME. Magic, elven lands, undead islands, pirate beaches, demonis, ect are what makes these games unique and interesting. Based on the trailer it looks a bit too...medieval. We'll see though, either way i'm absolutely thrilled to see another one coming and I'm in. Let's see who in this forum will be the first to complete a no loss run
I really hope "no loss runs" are not possible anymore and the game has a truly challenging flavour.

The graphics are not important for me, I'll judge the product based on the AI improvements, general gameplay and inner balance.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc6311 View Post
True. Everyone I talked to praises the graphics while IMHO I was totally fine with the old game's graphics. As you say, however, it looks too medieval.
I do hope there will be more magic and fantasy, not just micromanaging a human kingdom... because that was the campaign of Heroes of Might and Magic VI too, and it was incredibly boring.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Watch this video:
It's an interview with the team making King's Bounty 2. It's in russian, but you should still be able to understand what they say if you enable english subtitles. It also contains some gameplay and a lot of cutscenes (and even a design for a dwarf unit if you spot it; Edit: now I uploaded two photos with the dwarf unit).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KB2 - Dwarf Concept.jpg (239.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg KB2 - Dwarf Concept 2.jpg (336.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Space Knight; 08-27-2019 at 04:40 PM.