Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 02-05-2018, 07:11 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default [RESOURCE] Homeworld Remastered Models

[ Compression: LZMA2 Ultra with 7Zip ]
[ Size: Packed: 1,09GB | Unpacked: 4,05GB ]
[ Format: Model: .obj+.mtl | Texture: .dds ]

Here are "mostly" all of the Homeworld 1 and 2 Remastered SHIP models.
I've been searching alot recently for them, and thought it would be a good idea to rip them myself for myself and also for others who want to use those

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!moYBCbxI!pQ_vryzmb...f3oClb_iHsfbnI
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)

Last edited by nocalora29; 02-07-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Nice work. You spare me much time, but thus i remain without learning knowledge about extracting for this.
But there is strange thing, may be i do something wrong.
I tested several models, every try import as obj into 3dmax8 ended crash max. Import into imdeditor works, but on models with more parts is material missing. Import into blender works, again material is missing. Material can be set manualy here, but i still have no knowledge for this.

My way for blender, there exists simpler ways for shure too
I imported all obj for required model from directory and reexported as new obj.
This can be imported into 3dmax yet, there can be material defined. Or manualy editing file "model".mtl allows set materials too and then import into imdeditor shows all materials.
Some parts with identical material can be joined into main body for simplify.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:27 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

I have download a version of the game prior to 2.0, because after 2.0 there was an update which broke all the tools to extract the models from the game files, and made the models impossible to successfuly convert to conventional formats, such as obj.

I used the tool "BigDecrypter" to decrypt the .big archives and used CFHodEd to export all the models manually one by one to obj+mtl

I haven't used the models as of yet, so I do not know about any problems with them, but seeing that it can be fixed just by exporting them again in another modelling app, it doesn't matter seemingly all too much.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 02-07-2018, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

I'd be interested in some of them for flavor. It would be fun to figure their SW configurations based on their Homeworld roles.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:10 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Lotrek

Certainly would be a pleasure to make it fit in SW. One thing I still have to do though is to extract the specific Turrets and stuff from the original model files and make them a seperate obj.
As it currently stands all the ships have no turrets, nor are the turrets present as file.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

i found it on russian forum http://www.homeworld3.ru/forum/index.php

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t...ion-gui/541792
Old 02-07-2018, 03:48 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

I have tried to use XUnpack with the <2.0 Release, but to no avail. Sadly it didn't work and crashed once it tried to dump the files.