Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Reign: Conflict of Nations

Reign: Conflict of Nations Historical real-time strategy game

Old 06-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Default first impressions

A game with potential, it feels there is some debt in it. On a normal difficulty game i conquered 3 "free" city's wich resulted in a war with 5 nations. So you can't just build up an army and conquer as much free city's as possible without keeping an eye on nations surrounding you. At the moment i am playing a bit with the diplomatic options, will post something about it later on.

Managing the army's could be improved somewhat. If i want to send some units from a city to somewhere on the map i have to send them outside a city and merge them with a general. After that i order the general with the units attached back into the city wile clicking the exchange button. This way i can split the general's army, deciding wich units go to the city's garrison and wich ones stay with the general.The units in the garrison can now be ordered somewhere without needing a general. There seems no way to send some reinforcements from a city without a general involved or sending the whole garrison. Thats just a lot of mouseclicks for a simple action.
The same goes for healing an army. If i send an army to a city to recover the general enters but the units stay outisde the city, needing to be ordered seperately to the city.

Not gamebreaking stuff but this game has a fair share of mouseclicks already.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 AM
Registered Member

I agree with Vivas, last time I'm conquering a province, I got a lot of clicks just to sent some of wounded troops into the city to heal. But then before I manage to do that perfectly, there comes rebellion and the rebel attack my general out there with only 2 units ( because I'm not done with the exchange troops situation, it's just need 2 clicks more ).

Then... my general is defeated by rebels scums
way too much clicks made my general dead