Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-15-2010, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Are you trying to add a new ship as a mission reward, or a new ship as something to buy from a shop? What exactly is going wrong?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

To buy from the shop or get them in the inventory, whichever works. For example the corvets, the motherships like the Stalingrad or Lion mk1, which are in the game just can't use them. If it's possible to add the mean fighters from SW2, pitty they are not in this one. A few new missions would also come in handy. It's a nice idea.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

I dunno if new items/ships only be available if you start a new game, but also had slightly difficulties adding some stuff into a running game new game worked fine by me...

My slightly tweaked Butcher Mk. II corvette / step by step

edit your Carcasses.xml (i took the "Butcher_pl0" , these are usualy used only by player!) Bold stuff is very important ! otherwise it won't work (you can buy it but you can't use it)
Other things are bit tweaked down...i think having a 5000 armor ship for the player 'd be too easy. slightly more speed and ~25 more maneuver / less shields & armor / sound from corvette added, should be in the file too (oh used different descriptions, so it won't work. it's only some example for whose who want to know^^)

Quote:
<Interceptor name="Butcher_pl0">
<short_name>#M_Name_Butcher2</short_name>
<hint>#M_Hint_Butcher2</hint>
<short_desc>#M_SDesc_Butcher2</short_desc>
<long_desc>#M_LDesc_Butcher2</long_desc>
<mesh_name>butcher_kfni</mesh_name>
<flat_image>butcher_kfni</flat_image>
<hit_points>2500</hit_points>
<mass>2250</mass>
<disable_trade/>
<cost>300000</cost>
<technology/>
<EPR>3</EPR>
<explosion_script>Fighter</explosion_script>
<work_sound/>
<silence/>
<max_energy>1000</max_energy>
<energy_restore>3</energy_restore>
<max_speed>6.6</max_speed>
<maneurability>4</maneurability>
<steering_power>260</steering_power>
<sensor_resolution>0.38</sensor_resolution>
<sensor_length>135</sensor_length>
<threat>5</threat>
<mapping_name>butcher_corvette</mapping_name>
<HolderProperties>
<big_guns>4</big_guns>
<small_guns/>
<rockets/>
<systems>2</systems>
<turrets>1</turrets>
<gk_guns/>
<gk_turrets/>
</HolderProperties>
<engine_sound>Engine-Class3.wav</engine_sound>
<engine_start_sound>Start_engine_2a.wav</engine_start_sound>
<level>5</level>
</Interceptor>
Next step would be to define, that your fine ship also can use turrets *yay* !! (seems like they only made it possible to add a few, but nevermind thereafter you can use them all *eg*)

Modules.xml -> either manually or with a serious editor, as you don't WANT to replace all of the lines 'cause it will mess with all modules.
edit:

<TurretModule...>
<attach_type>ONLY_BIGSHIP</attach_type> <- change in <attach_type>ALL_SHIPS</attach_type>
</TurretModule>

Now that you have your corvette capable of using all turrets, you sure want to buy it

"...\Star Wolves 3 - Civil War\Data\Scripts\include\FloodTradeStations.script "

__All_ships ={......,"Trident_mk2_black_pl0","Butcher_pl0"};

the line is very important for the shop script where you can buy and so on! (in my case it would be at the end of line 5)

"...\Star Wolves 3 - Civil War\Data\Scripts\InitTradeSystem.script"

now add exactly at the position where your ship/module or whatever is another entry in _every_ local NShop*

in my case
local NShop_SI_sst = { ....

2,0,0,0,0,0,2}}; -- 5 level ships

I only made them available @MSF blackmarket shops. In every other shop it looks like:
0,0,0,0,0,0,0}}; -- 5 level ships

Hmm that's it. If you start a new (!) game you should be able to buy a Butcher Mk.II . You can edit in a running game stats like armor/shields and so on but afaik adding new items just won't work as these are init-scripts for starting a new game.
Basically you could add stuff from SW2 doing this way...most of the meshes and so on are still there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg butcher.jpg (226.6 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by valky; 03-15-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

hmm 2 quick questions:

1)would it be theoretically possible to add more than 4 rocket placements on any ship? i seem to remember bident has 4 rockets, 2 small guns & 2 systems...could it be possible to replace the 2 guns with missiles?

2)if so...i assume the same applies to big gun slots...imagine a butcher wielding those 1600 dmg cannons and a mothership with 2 missile slots(supernovas ofc) instead of 2 normal gun slots
Old 03-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
To buy from the shop or get them in the inventory, whichever works. For example the corvets, the motherships like the Stalingrad or Lion mk1, which are in the game just can't use them. If it's possible to add the mean fighters from SW2, pitty they are not in this one. A few new missions would also come in handy. It's a nice idea.
Corvettes you would have to convert to interceptors (like Valky did), Big ships you simply cannot impliment unless you replace your mothership with them. But most bigships that are not already a mothership are incapable of carrying fighters (like the Stalingrad and Stone Arrow), which creates a whole bunch of problems when trying to use it as a mothership. You can technically convert those ships to carriers, but it requires a LOT of editing and is a major pain in the rear to do.

Quote:
1)would it be theoretically possible to add more than 4 rocket placements on any ship? i seem to remember bident has 4 rockets, 2 small guns & 2 systems...could it be possible to replace the 2 guns with missiles?
You would have to edit the model. Models have two kinds of slots, Big gun/missile slots, and small gun slots. Big guns and missiles are interchangable, but small gun slots will only work with small guns, and systems do not use special slots at all (so you can add as many as the GUI can handle).

Quote:
2)if so...i assume the same applies to big gun slots...imagine a butcher wielding those 1600 dmg cannons and a mothership with 2 missile slots(supernovas ofc) instead of 2 normal gun slots
I do not think capital ships can carry or fire missiles. Corvettes, yeah, but not capital ships.

Last edited by Nanaki; 03-15-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Ok here is the problems.
Made the cavalier to interceptor, manage to by it great. Put pilot in it, great.
Put two systems in it, great. But no big guns no missiles. So basicly my pilots fly with no weapons what soever. Now i get it, i can't change the small guns to rockets but i also change the rockets to big guns so why can't i use them?

Last edited by Raziel666; 03-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel666 View Post
Ok here is the problems.
Made the cavalier to interceptor, manage to by it great. Put pilot in it, great.
Put two systems in it, great. But no big guns no missiles. So basicly my pilots fly with no weapons what soever. Now i get it, i can't change the small guns to rockets but i also change the rockets to big guns so why can't i use them?
Did you make sure to edit the appropriate file in the texture/interface/carcass/slots folder?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Approved Member

Yep. All done now i have corvet with 4 big guns, 2 rocket slots, and 2 system slots. But i keep wonder why the only place i can buy it is the station in Aurora? Because i placed it in every store.
Question: Is it possible to add more guns/missiles to existing ones? For example the wyvern_mk1 or dragon with 4 guns, 2 sys and 2 missiles.

Last edited by Raziel666; 03-16-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Approved Member

Valky, could you please post those modified files for those of us who are lazy to edit them ourselves? I would really like to buy the Butcher Thanks.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Question: Is it possible to add more guns/missiles to existing ones? For example the wyvern_mk1 or dragon with 4 guns, 2 sys and 2 missiles.
You can add small guns and systems to no ill effect, just as long as you use valid slot IDs. For small guns you will likely have to assign multiple small guns to a single small gun hardpoint, not a big deal, I think.

Adding missiles, big guns, and turrets requires editing the model, as you need to add additional hardpoints for the physical attachments. You can technically assign two weapons to a single hardpoint like small guns, but it would look really, really ugly (two weapons overlapping eachother). So it is a 'Do at your own risk' thing.