Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenvessel33 View Post
Just found out that you can purchase a turbo from the repair shop. Once bought you can use turbo using the S button while accelerating.
So what does it do? Is it like NOS that gives you an instant boost? That would suck so bad it's not even funny
Old 03-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsolum View Post
So what does it do? Is it like NOS that gives you an instant boost? That would suck so bad it's not even funny
I'm affraid so...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Yep....its true. I use it primarily for when I have a load and pressed for time. It really helps you get into the high gears when you are in a rush. I just don't suggest using the turbo when you are going slow. It will cause you to drive eraticly and possible do major damage to your truck or anything else.

Just found out that if you have cruise control, if you set it and someone stops in front of you, or even if you turn in a curve, you will find your truck stopping or slowing down slightly. Found this out when I was running from police with cruise control set on 90 mph. As soon as the Po-Po got in front of me, my trucker slammed on brakes! Just a little tidbit!

Last edited by USA Trucker; 11-07-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenvessel33 View Post
Just found out that if you have cruise control, if you set it and someone stops in front of you, or even if you turn in a curve, you will find your truck stopping or slowing down slightly. Found this out when I was running from police with cruise control set on 90 mph. As soon as the Po-Po got in front of me, my trucker slammed on brakes! Just a little tidbit!
Hmm, must be that Adaptive Cruise Control thing that a lot of cars have now, too
Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

i have pre-ordered this game and only just noticed it uses starforce as its drm. if i had known this i never would have purchased the game. as long as i have waited for it if i had known starforce was involved i would not have bothered as they are a bunch of hacks and their "program" has caused huge problems with software and hardware to the point of some peoples cd/dvd roms dieing completely. the were even accused of installing malware with their components.
that said i have paid for the game and do intend to play it as the game itself looks excellent. my question is, has anybody yet experienced degraded performance of their system be it software or hardware?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

This is one of many reasons why I do not, and strongly advise others not to pre-order any game. What Baldymp3 states is actually factual, and he does not exaggerate the point. Check this Link

http://kotaku.com/164303/5m-class-ac...-for-starforce

Now that I/we know that RNR or their affiliates/associates support, or endorse Star-Force, I for on will not be purchasing this game unless Star-Force is no longer a part it. This is definitely a deal breaker. Buyer beware!! My legal experience is to advise you all to pressure 1C, and RNR to dump Star-Force, and go with a more reputable, and reliable company, and not to purchase this game until this condition is met. Those of you that pre-ordered this game can get their money back, and I suggest you do so. There is no such thing as non-refundable.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 04-15-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

So let me get this straight. 1C uses a DRM (Digital Rights Manager)
called "Star-Force" that is basicly corrupt, if this is true it is absolutly
unaccetable.

I myself have been waiting for this game for upwards of two years, but to find out one day before release is just unbeliveable. But i do have a somwhat stupid question; (Just to be clear here, sorry if i sound stupid) Will this have anything to do with the Steam version if/when it is released?.

Anyway, thank you for hearing me out.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Approved Member

The Russian version has StarForce probably the last generation. But the forum moderators 1C previously said that Eng. RNR version will have SF DRM protection. That crap again??

for Moderators 1C.!!!
ENG. version RnR will have a fu*king "DRM" (ehm virus).. StarForce??????
Old 04-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pook View Post
The Russian version has StarForce probably the last generation. But the forum moderators 1C previously said that Eng. RNR version will have SF DRM protection. That crap again??

for Moderators 1C.!!!
ENG. version RnR will have a fu*king "DRM" (ehm virus).. StarForce??????
Indeed. 1C, in order for me/us to buy this game, you must drop Star-Force.

As what i have seen/heard, it can cause hardware failure and allow acces for trojan viruses (If it isn't a virus in it's self) and basicly just kill an OS or the computer it's self among other things.

Im sorry but unless you can step away from Star-Force, i will be forced to not buy this game, thus you will lose one, if not more cutomers.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

I can not find now, but here on the forum Nike-it wrote that Eng. RNR version will have a different DRM. Try to find a thread. It's been a long time. about 3 months. But they no longer believe anything, so I do not know and even I do not care. I do not buy yet. It would have to change many things in the game to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Tasca View Post
Im sorry but unless you can step away from Star-Force, i will be forced to not buy this game, thus you will lose one, if not more cutomers.
Not only discouraging DRM protection. In my community to turn away 95% of visitors from that game. 95% wanted hardcore simulator, real physics, multiplayer, modifiability, etc. left 5% of the naivety of children who might buy. I even had to lock guestion book, because the substance abuse at 1C and Softlab and why there are continuous traffic lights?, modifiability?, MP?, realistic gearbox? why, why, why,.... there is not one thing or another .....
So 95% + more discouraged play StarForce protection.
The worst thing is that we do not even wait for addons. Softlab will wait for sales, and hence will not addons. Vicious circle. Because those of us 95% will just wait until those addons. Without it, not buy it ....

BTW paradox. Instead of being modified to better R'n'R as the core of the game, so contrary to export different things in those primitive games SCS They're stupid. Life of this game is multiplayer, modifiability and other things. Without that RNR is dead forever