Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 11-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Registered Member

Default Star Wolves 3 Final Mission *Spoiler*

I decide to help Alex, but this mission is freaking inhumane I shot down SAM twice, only find he summoning 5 super chimeras, each time I shot down one of them there will be another jumping out of hyperspace, I tried to shot him down for the 3rd time always fails epicly, is there any way to complete this mission? I also tried to focus firepower on SAM, but with 5 super chimera and a screen of berserker shooting at you it is just sheer impossible
Old 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Trucidation

I don't recall which path but I think I remember this particular ending battle. You can't get rid of the Super Chimeras; any you manage to destroy are replaced (used a godmode cheat to confirm). I don't remember exactly what you have to do though, sorry. Without a save I can't remember what you have to do to finish it. Have you tried running (use a portal to flee)? What exactly does the mission objectives say?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Best is to use anty laser shield on your mathership, 2 you could take system operator as you main skill tree to have access to hack ship perk also best is to have Cleric in team as he can take over any berserk ship and add it to you friends. For your battle just give everyone heavy plasma and focus their attack on SAM, using their abilities. He will die fast enough and those himeras wont be a problem later ofc, repair sesyem on you mathership is a must. You could also use torpedos against himeras, no use agaist sam he hes antymissile sys. There are many solutions, depends on what you got on your disposal, give me some details and i will think out something.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Default I keep losing my mothership

After I free up two of the three portals for the friendly fleet to jump in. Grey hairs chimes in and says no way boss you crossed the line. NExt thing I know my mother ship and all the other factions turn red. It is just me in a fighter. Then when my fighter instantly is shot by 40 + fighters, three motherships including my own, and two super chimera. The game doesn't end all the ships disappear and the game just sits there like everyship is cloaked and just beams are appearing out of nowhere.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

I must say I am stuck on this mission. I tried both ways, alone or full assault.

Both times I get overwhelmed. Full assault is even a better option for me as it lets me resupply in InCo system before going through the portal. I got 80% resistance to laser on all 6 fighters, got 2 of them with 10hp/s remote repair and my mothership got a 50% resistance to lasers and mostly plasma turrets.

Still my units die, and all allies die before even getting half way to the other portal to summon help from Triada

Going alone was even worse, I could only free that same portal in time and still after that get easily overwhelmed.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Ignore my last post. The trick is as soon as you kill 1st Beserker troops once out of the portal to ignore the rest and make a run for the other portal. Berserks will follow you and your allies will follow them. You will have enough of a head start to get Triada reinforcements and then destroy the Beserker main force without much problems. Also the 2nd portal is right next to the area damaged Beserker motherships apear so you can easily take them out.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:24 AM
Registered Member

Hey, personnaly, I ended the game a first time losing versus Sam and let him get out of the system.
You can also uncloack Sam but finaly become his ally.

There are the easier methods to end the game.

If you want to kill Sam, the most adapt strategy is, in my opinion, in thinking that the best defense is the attack.
To let him (it ?) no chance to reach the portal and limit the number of Berserk motherships, you have to kill him as fast as possible.
I reached this objective simply equiping all my vessels with a maximum of unguided missils (every guided will be neutralized) : if you try to target him just with Wyvern and Dragon vessels, you will pursue him during "hours" and among his jumping allies until he flee definitly.
I took also the weapon firmware mk 3 and the main weapon of my mothership has much helped (A Pegasus with a beautiful 1600 powerfull and more than 140 of range thanks this optimisation).

I didn't succeed the second option (destroy the alex's station), even using dozens of helbringer and supernova missiles, nor using a more classic armament because the infinite juming of enimies into the system.