Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 04-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

If the PhysX patch coming out soon doesn't fix the performance issues I'm done with the game. Who in their right mind makes an extremely intense game and doesn't support modern CPUs? I'm sorry to say, but that is, to use the word literally, RETARDED.

Oh and do the developers even read this? I mean c'mon! This is the official forums and I've never once seen a developer post.

I'm starting to like EA more, and that's sad. Freaking game says a lot of bad things for small-time developers such as 1C Company.

Sorry, but getting bad performance for no reason when I just spent a butt-load of money on building a good computer pisses me off.

Last edited by JuggernautOfWar; 04-19-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

My performance with Cryostasis isn't that awful, it's about 30-40 in crowded areas with lots of lights, etc and usually 45-60 in other areas.
This is on all maximum settings, 1440x900.
Of course, since the game only uses one core, this isn't as bad for me as it is for some users, as I have a Q6600 overclocked to 3.6g/hz so it's using a single 3.6g/hz core.
Some of you guys should really try overclocking your CPUs, it helps a lot for this game.

My PC specs:
Q6600 @ 3.6g/hz
GTX 295
4gb RAM
Vista32bit
Edit/Delete Message
Old 04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteops1 View Post
My performance with Cryostasis isn't that awful, it's about 30-40 in crowded areas with lots of lights, etc and usually 45-60 in other areas.
This is on all maximum settings, 1440x900.
Of course, since the game only uses one core, this isn't as bad for me as it is for some users, as I have a Q6600 overclocked to 3.6g/hz so it's using a single 3.6g/hz core.
Some of you guys should really try overclocking your CPUs, it helps a lot for this game.

My PC specs:
Q6600 @ 3.6g/hz
GTX 295
4gb RAM
Vista32bit
Edit/Delete Message
Now I am a bit miffed here, some say it only uses one core and others have said it uses 2 and 4 cores.

But what really gets me is that I have only a

P4 3.4
2 gig mem
Radeon 3850 agp 512 mb, running shader 3.0 at 1360x768
all graphics ingame set to medium except for shadows set to low
on WinXP Pro SP3, all updates as of today.

And I get 50 to 65 fps in open areas and 40 to 55 fps in crowded ones and I only see slow down and no stutters. But it does stutter upon loading a new area for a second.

Now what gives here, is it because I don't have to use the PhysX stuff because of my agp card ???

Interesting Huh ?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:02 AM
Approved Member

Okay so the game uses all cores on your CPU, but the catch is the game doesn't use each core to it's max. Example: Dual-core CPUs will have each core running ~50%-55% while quad-core CPUs will run each core at ~25%-30%. It should be where quad-core and dual-core both run the game at 90%-100% each designated core.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsOneMore View Post
Now I am a bit miffed here, some say it only uses one core and others have said it uses 2 and 4 cores.

But what really gets me is that I have only a

P4 3.4
2 gig mem
Radeon 3850 agp 512 mb, running shader 3.0 at 1360x768
all graphics ingame set to medium except for shadows set to low
on WinXP Pro SP3, all updates as of today.

And I get 50 to 65 fps in open areas and 40 to 55 fps in crowded ones and I only see slow down and no stutters. But it does stutter upon loading a new area for a second.

Now what gives here, is it because I don't have to use the PhysX stuff because of my agp card ???

Interesting Huh ?
No, it's not interesting. Your game settings are set extremely low. If I ran at those settings I'd probably get 60 frames per second with Vsync on (maximum). Although at that resolution the game would be blurry and stretched for me making the game unplayable.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I am merely telling you why your computer performs so well at those settings.

Last edited by JuggernautOfWar; 05-01-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

" And I get 50 to 65 fps in open areas and 40 to 55 fps in crowded ones and I only see slow down and no stutters. I dont know whether u r lying or not....

but i have a tad better setup then urs yet with similar generation cpu nd i dont get

anything above 31 FPS (when snowing is off). flashlight on=14fps + when snowing

flashlight off= 17 FPS ( even on all low settings)

But there r few places where i see a massive jump on FPS. Tried HD audio to off but i have another options which is "opengl" and "no driver"

& where on earth u saw crowd on this game.????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

P4 hyper threading 3.0 to 3.6ghz

HD 4850 ( yah i know im gona throw my cpu asap)

1.5gb ddr1 @480 2 4 4 8

FSB-961mhz

XP sp3

Last edited by minitt; 05-01-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2 View Post
This explains the performance issues most gamers are having. Cryostasis (as you can see here) uses only one CPU core. I'm sure the devs already know that (and if they don't... well... now they do know ) so hopefully they will fix it

For Mid to Low end click Here

http://www.mediafire.com/?qi2x6j11bksjy5c

Cryostasis Pmod "Better performance"