Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Arrow Story Line & Side Mission Video Walk-Throughs (SPOILERS!).

So that we don't accidentally read someones SPOILERS, please place them here. This way we have the option to read it, or not. Now that the English version is out, I expect this problem to go on the rise. SPOILERS include:

Story-Line Missions,
Side-Missions,
Hitch-Hikers,
or any event that you can't control that requires a Yes/No answer, outside of the normal "Warehouse, Repair Shop & Nicks' Office" questions. Any SPOILER related Q&A's outside this thread will be relocated here.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-10-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Updates.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Kickoff To The Story-Line.
Assuming you have went to Nicks' Office, and purchased a truck with the money you got by selling your old one, and going to the Repair Shop.... Your journey will begin here. After you leave the repair shop, go up the ramp right in front of you. Take the first left, and then another left onto Highway 101 South. Don't go too fast. Trixy will be down the road about 1/4 mile. Pick her up. She's got good info. Keep locating Trixy after you drop her off. She'll tell you where you can find her, and some jobs. During your ride with Trixy, Crane calls you up, and will ask to barrow your 'lug-wrench' (Remember this, it will come up later). This is the kickoff to the 'Story-Line'

Matt calls you, and tells you that Dorothy is in trouble, and he needs your assistance to help her. During the cut-scene with the gangsters rig chasing yours, keep your foot on the gas. This is useful because when the cut-scene is over you'll already be moving. Otherwise you'll be starting from a stand-still, and probably will be killed, as it takes time to get some speed up. You need to hit 80mph fairly quickly, with some distance between you, and the gangsters. If you have the 'Booster', by all means use it, but remember it's a gas hog, so have some fuel to support it. The 'Extra Gas Tank' comes in handy here too.
NOTICE:
1 minute of real time equals 24 minutes of game-time. This is very important on some missions where you may need to go to the hotel, or park idly somewhere, and kill some time.

You get a phone call from the police asking you to come by for a chat. This comes up regardless of the "Save Dorothy" outcome. The police station is located in Oxnard. Pull up the map, and you'll see the arrow. There should be no problem getting there on time. I got this message somewhere between Colfax, and Sacramento. I even picked up a load at Santa Barbara to Oxnard, and made it with time to spare.

This is the next step after you find out from the Detective that Matthew is missing. Take note at the time of day it is on the PDA. The stranger does not have a set time when he arrives. For the most part I have noticed that he arrives between 6pm-midnight. So if you're early, go to the hotel, and check in for 1 hour. Go back to the diner, and see if he's there. If not, go back to the hotel, and repeat as before. Only do an hour at a time. The mission clock still goes on when you're in the hotel. You know the stranger is in the area because, his truck is parked by the diner. The stranger gives you information about Jack in Santa Barbara, that appears to be crucial to the story. I don't believe you get to meet Jack without first talking with the stranger.

While doing this mission, I stopped to talk to a woman that needed a voodoo doll to be delivered at the same place you're to meet Jack Murdoc (Part 1). My second attempt (Part 2) to meet with Jack, he was not there, but his crony's were, and said to come back tomorrow. This leaves you plenty of time to pick up loads, or races if you want.

You get to meet with Jack Murdoc between 6pm-12 midnight the following day. You will race him, and if you win, he will give you informant ion about Matt. Don't let him get ahead of you. Keep driving until you get to the cut-scene. If he wins, he takes your truck, and you become bankrupt, and the game will end. As always, you should save your game often.

To save Topo's business from bankruptcy, you must meet with Topo, and agree to deliver a "Special Cargo". If you complete this mission, you will own Topo's company, and Topo will have no hard feelings toward you.

You'll have to go through a wild goose chase here, but it's essential if you want to save Topo's business that will become yours if you complete it. It's fairly easy to do if you know your way around the area. The Navigation device could prove useful here. If you fail the mission, you'll lose the game!

Matt calls you for a meeting. Things start to get interesting.

An interesting development here. You find out that Jack Murdoc is dead, and your lug-wrench was found at the scene (the one you loaned to Crane earlier). I would keep an eye out on Crane. Maybe two eyes!

Mr. Cunning explains certain events.

Dakota explains things in more detail. You, and Monica (the reporter you may have met earlier if you took her mission at Redding) agree to assist him.

I won't have to explain anything here. The videos will speak for themselves. I did manage to get a load from L.A. to Oxnard, before chasing down Matt with time to spare. This total mission time is about 30 minutes.
You'll get some more information in these videos about the 'Kid-nappers threat & Hide-out'. The 'Californian Runner Mission' is optional. Refuse all other missions except the final one to Bridgeport! If you take on any mission from here on out, and then get the 'Bridgeport Mission', you will loose a ton of money because, the 'Bridgeport Mission' will cancel all other missions, and you'll incur a forfeiture penalty on all existing missions, and loads you currently have. I was just lucky to get the 'Californian Runner Mission' because, I was in the right place at the right time, and it was fairly quick. You'll see what I mean in the videos.

The final chapter in the Story-Line is coming up! Don't miss it! I have worked hard on these video 'Walk-Throughs' for all of you to view. I hope you've enjoyed my efforts, as much as I've enjoyed bringing them to you.

Here it is, the moment you've been waiting for!

I hope you liked my guide to aid you in the completion of the 'Story-Line'. I did enjoy making, and bringing it to you. Many thanks for your viewing.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-07-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Side-Missions

These Side-Missions are unrelated to the Story-Line, but are still considered SPOILERS for those that do not wish to know its content. These missions are in the order that I received them. Yours may vary depending on where you are traveling.

Pick up Jessica with car trouble on Highway 101 North between Oxnard & Santa Barbara. You can't miss her. She's waiting in the emergency pull-off. Later on she'll be at the Truck-Stop where you dropped her off (at 60 Miles Diner), and she'll have a Side-Mission for you.

Pick up the train passenger between Oxnard & Santa Barbara on Highway 101 North. He's standing by the exit ramp on the divider. Remember, don't pick up any Hitch-Hikers if you currently have one, or you'll lose the the existing one.

Jessica, the hitcher with the broken down car you picked up earlier (Road Incident) has a package to deliver to a man in San Jose for this side mission. You have a little over an hour to complete it. So, I went to the warehouse in Santa Barbara, and picked up a load. I did both with plenty of time to spare. The mission pays little. So, you may want to do the same for some extra bucks. If you didn't pick her up, you won't see her at the diner in Santa Barbara.

You can do this Side Mission, and pick up the next few in close succession, and complete them while you are doing the "Mysterious Package" Mission, and after. You need a truck that can do at least 75 MPH. The "Roadside TV's" will be the first one, and is pretty short.

Immediately after the you get a call for the "Roadside TV's", You'll get a call for this one. You need to make a choice between accepting this one, and canceling the other (Roadside TV's). You can't do both. I suggest this one because it's more money, and the "Roadside TV's" has less of a penalty for canceling. You can try to complete both, but when you try to get the Big Red truck, the cops have towed it away, and you won't get the penalty.

You get this Side Mission right around the time you're doing the "Humanitarian Aid" Mission. Accept it. You have lots of time to finish it, and it's good money.

This Side Mission comes along right after you pick up the "Majestic-13's" truck. Take it, it's also good money.

This one is very easy. It's on the way to the "Majestic-13's" drop.

Pick up this Side Mission while doing the "Getting Acquainted" Mission for some extra money. You need to be fast & accurate here to complete both on time.

This Side Mission comes as you're heading toward Redding to complete the "Getting Acquainted" Mission. Take this mission first before the "To Death Valley" Mission coming up next, for some extra cash.

Pick up the trailer that Martha Washington asked you to do earlier, and take it to Death Valley. You'll need to really make time here. I had to do it twice before I got there with 2 minutes to spare.

On your way back you meet this guy that needs to get to Death Valley for an interview.

Trixy gives you some information on a job offer. You'll meet her a few times during the course of the game. I always talk with her, and pick her up when I see her, as she has lots of information, and getting jobs for some good cash.

Take Trixy's advice about Jimmy having some work for you. Easy bucks if you ask me.

Mr. Fernandez calls you to pick a trailer of Children's Games.

After Story-Line missions.
At some point after the Story-Line is completed Trixy called me as I was approaching the G.G. Bridge, and asked me to pick her up. When you get to the opposite base of the bridge take the first exit into the parking lot. Trixy will be on the left by the parking lot exit (not shown in video). Trixy tells you about getting a good long distance job paying good money, and she'll call me later. In this mission Trixy gives you lots of time to drop her off at her destination, and will keep you company , while you pick up some loads on the way. I did three before I dropped her off.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 07-13-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

I will be doing a whole new walk-through in HD, with comments implanted in the videos as well as some notes in this thread. The Q & A's on this thread will be transferred to another thread, and will be listed in the "Campaign Questions (SPOILERS!)" thread. Just be patient. Nothing will be deleted until it's all set, and ready to go.

Thanks for you patience,

Here is a "sneak peak" of what I'm doing. These videos are best viewed from YouTube to get the full HD effect, and read some notes I've written there. Thank you for making this the most viewed thread in the shortest amount of time (10,000 views plus).

Last edited by USA Trucker; 02-17-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Closed Thread