Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 03-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Default Cannot change resolution?

I received a free download of Cryostasis from EVGA when I bought my GTX 275 CO-OP. I am running the 196.21 drivers on it.

My PC is a Core i7 920 running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. My monitor is a 19 inch Samsung Syncmaster, and the resolution I use is 1280x1024 at 85 hz.

However, when I play Cryostasis, the monitor is NOT running at that resolution - my monitor's OSD shows it's running an unknown resolution at 75hz.

I went into video options where it says it is set to 1280x1024, but no matter what resolution I set it to, the screen resolution never changes, even after letting the graphics engine restart after hitting apply.

I thought I could identify the resolution by taking a screenshot, but the screenshot key (f12) does not seem to do anything, and I see no signs of any screenshots anywhere.

I know it is version 1.1, since I do have options for Shader model 4.0 and advanced physics.

Two other technical issues - one, the screen ratio option always says 4:3, no matter what resolution I try, and it can't be changed directly. I tried to manually edit the config file, but I basically had to copy and rename the config.cfg since Win7 wouldn't let me modify the file directly.

(I was trying to change @r.aspectratio = 1.600000 to 1.250000; because that's the proper ratio for 1280x1024)

Second issue is, if I don't hit escape by the time the 1C logo goes away when starting the game, it will lock up during the movie with whatever silver-logo it's trying to show.

When I ran the game, it actually deleted the config.cfg file completely.

Any help? I think it's running at 1600x1200, and i think it will run better if I can get it back down to the proper 1280x1024.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: When I turn Shader Model to 3.0, the game will run at 1280x1024 properly, and will "obey" changing the resolution, but I would like obviously to run it with PhysX on.

Last edited by MightionNY; 03-16-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: New Info
Old 06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Yeah I cant change the screen resolution 1280x1024 when my natural is 1920x1200. It totally sucks I've tried setting them in game and using Go the 110 Patch the options in the programs folder but no luck. Using the 110 Patch.