Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingoz View Post
All you need is 1 stack of paladins and 1 stack of zombies and you can get 3 turns. Like this:-

Archers attack.
Paladins attack.
Cast phantom on paladins or zombies stack.
Next unit to act (either phantom or zombie) cast 2nd wind on archers.
Then next unit to act casts 2nd wind on original Paladin stack.
Archers take 2nd turn to attack.
Original Paladin stack casts 2nd(3rd?) wind on archers.
Bingo!

At least in theory anyway! It's 2 am here and i'm going to bed.
lol, well done that does work. If you have one Archer unit it's definitely the best way to make the most of them. If you have 2+ archer units it's probably better to give them an extra action each. Only problem I'm facing is the Paladins awful initiative.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, I'm kind of displeased with the archer party. I admit that they can dish a lot of damage in no time, but they are way too frail for my liking... Even if you babysit them as best as you can, you will suffer losses (playing on hard, impossible will be even tougher). They also tend to perform very poorly against bosses... But they are fun, I grant that.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Hmm, I'm kind of displeased with the archer party. I admit that they can dish a lot of damage in no time, but they are way too frail for my liking... Even if you babysit them as best as you can, you will suffer losses (playing on hard, impossible will be even tougher). They also tend to perform very poorly against bosses... But they are fun, I grant that.
Against the normal "mobs" they perform just fine. Against bosses, I usually only take one with me, sometimes I may even reform my entire army depending on the boss. (Stupid guy in the Mirror tower I'm looking at you.) I also only play on normal mode, since I'm still taking my time over my first run through the game, but it seems if you want to perform well with no/few losses on hard or impossible then you're stuck taking a somewhat generic army through the game. (Paladins, Inquisitors, Mages etc.) On the otherhand though, people love Fairies and they're also very frail, but also a melee unit. I suppose it's mostly down to play style.

I think the most important thing is a decent tanking unit that can be easily ressed. Such as Paladins. Alongside the Target spell.

Last edited by Akimbo; 12-15-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Hmm, that's my problem indeed

Actually, come to think of it, there is one unit that can fit an archer party - that's the Mage of the Light from the Army of the Light mod. Mass ress, gift, healing, 30% physical resistance... That can be fun.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Hmm, that's my problem indeed

Actually, come to think of it, there is one unit that can fit an archer party - that's the Mage of the Light from the Army of the Light mod. Mass ress, gift, healing, 30% physical resistance... That can be fun.
Ah, just checked the thread, seems it may actually be usable in the English game now?

I'm probably going to cut back on my archers soon, I'm on Shetarra and just found some executioners and Demonesses, so I want them in my force. They're actually not in my playstyle, too slow for my liking, but I find them more interesting than Archers. (I have almost the entire Demon set as well, with the whip etc. Just looking for the last part.)

Last edited by Akimbo; 12-15-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

Well, I managed to get it working without problems by simply adding/replacing the english translation. I suppose there are still some bugs or something to work out (the missing images are still a problem, but I've gotten used to it).

As for demons, they can be fun - if you have a nice supply of demons and executioners, they rock
Old 01-02-2022, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akimbo View Post
Yeah as I figured, most of the items for "Archers" are literally the only ones with bows on the model. A shame, but oh well.
What about Sniper set (telescopic sight and ale barrel)? What type of archers benefit here?
Old 01-11-2022, 12:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJaka View Post
What about Sniper set (telescopic sight and ale barrel)? What type of archers benefit here?
Ugh, there is a list in the unofficial translated "hint book" that should be on the forums here somewhere...

If I recall correctly, bowmen, elves, high elves, cannoneer, goblin, catapulter? and there are a few others.

Found it!
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...1&postcount=58

Archers - for the sake of the set
Skeleton Archer, Archer, Cannoner, Goblin with the Catapult, Elf, Pathfinder, Goblin.
(Only for an item the Optical sight and the complete set of the Sniper)

Last edited by ckdamascus; 01-11-2022 at 01:06 AM.