Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Approved Member

Default Accuracy accumulation?

just finished the first time, forced to follow the stroy line after comming back from alien sector.
so want to start a new game, and get more confused with perks.

eg. if u chose laser proficiency + 40% gunner, how accurate when u r using laser?
30 + 20 +40? or
1.3 x 1.2 x 1.4? or
1.3 x 1.4?

and what does a low/mid/high accuracy weapon mean exactly?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
eg. if u chose laser proficiency + 40% gunner, how accurate when u r using laser?
30 + 20 +40? or
1.3 x 1.2 x 1.4? or
1.3 x 1.4?
You start off with an 20% accuracy penalty, or 0.8. It than adds all the bonuses, so .8 + .3 + .2 +.4, which equals 1.7, or +70% accuracy. You can see all the calculations in the Data/Script/AI/PerkDispatcher.script file.

Quote:
and what does a low/mid/high accuracy weapon mean exactly?
Most weapons have a certain 'degree' of scatter, the higher the accuracy of the weapon, the lower the scatter.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaki View Post
Most weapons have a certain 'degree' of scatter, the higher the accuracy of the weapon, the lower the scatter.
so, how accurate, or how scattered, are 'low' weapons?
20% of distance?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Approved Member

low accuracy weapons like machineguns and miniguns start to be useful at around half of their maximum range. At max range even full bursts go in space. Other problem with them is that they have bullet speed (unlike lasers and PPCs) so when the ship have any angular velocity to you more bullets will be wasted. Laser type weapons deliver damage instantly (of course if they hit). Other great advantage of laser is that the beam stays for around half a second. If anything cross the beam during that time gets damaged. Half a second may sounds short but let me give an example I saw: Astarte fired with two muskets and missed both but during that time two fighters crossed the beams and they instantly vaporized. I wanted to hit at least one fighter but killed two.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard View Post
low accuracy weapons like machineguns and miniguns start to be useful at around half of their maximum range. At max range even full bursts go in space. Other problem with them is that they have bullet speed (unlike lasers and PPCs) so when the ship have any angular velocity to you more bullets will be wasted. Laser type weapons deliver damage instantly (of course if they hit). Other great advantage of laser is that the beam stays for around half a second. If anything cross the beam during that time gets damaged. Half a second may sounds short but let me give an example I saw: Astarte fired with two muskets and missed both but during that time two fighters crossed the beams and they instantly vaporized. I wanted to hit at least one fighter but killed two.
hoho, wish u can provide vedio.
well, i am trying to use engineer as mothership pilot, but found that type is neither good at stardard shooting nor lazer, so i need to think how to max the damage while tanking.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsavo View Post
hoho, wish u can provide vedio.
well, i am trying to use engineer as mothership pilot, but found that type is neither good at stardard shooting nor lazer, so i need to think how to max the damage while tanking.

Pulse Lasers are your best bet. Unlike Particle Accellerators and regular laser cannons, it spreads its damage over a 3 or 4 round burst. It will do less damage per shot, but it will greatly increase the chances of hitting with each burst.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Pulse Lasers are your best bet. Unlike Particle Accellerators and regular laser cannons, it spreads its damage over a 3 or 4 round burst. It will do less damage per shot, but it will greatly increase the chances of hitting with each burst.
yeah, my ms was equiped with 2 pulse laser + 2 projectile cannons during the final mission, but after a while, i noticed some of the enemy fighters are fighting with half armor and full shield. So, some hits by pulse laser are not good enough.

since engineers are only good at heavy weapon proficiency, so i'm really thinking of use that perk to full -- an all-projectile-cannon mothership.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsavo View Post
yeah, my ms was equiped with 2 pulse laser + 2 projectile cannons during the final mission, but after a while, i noticed some of the enemy fighters are fighting with half armor and full shield. So, some hits by pulse laser are not good enough.
Yes. Pulse lasers are slightly too weak. IMO the best are normal lasers. They have highest dps and range (200 dmg and 2sec recharge against 260 dmg and 3sec recharge PPC).
Old 03-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

The problem with normal lasers and particle accellerators is that they bank it all on one shot, so if you have a MS pilot with poor gunnery, they wont hit anything most of the time anyway.

and MS Pilot with heavy cannon proficiency? As far as I know, none of the Mothership system software has any proficiency, just Gunnery 2.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The problem with normal lasers and particle accellerators is that they bank it all on one shot, so if you have a MS pilot with poor gunnery, they wont hit anything most of the time anyway.

and MS Pilot with heavy cannon proficiency? As far as I know, none of the Mothership system software has any proficiency, just Gunnery 2.
not software, pilot