Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Cool . . . . sad.

Well, just bought and downloaded the game. It seems to see my joystick when I'm moving it in the set up section but while up in the air...it does nothing. I can shoot my guns while on the ground but thats all. Tried to connect to multiplayer...again...no dice. Gave me one server choice 21000....nothing.

Oh well, it's only ten bucks, but I do admit that wish I bought a six pack instead. The beer would have been some fun.

Last edited by jerjabs; 06-03-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

If nothing works... read the manual.

Unfortunately this is an old PC game and needs setting up spec, setting up joystick, setting up graphics, setting up network connection...

It is not plug and play, for sure is not.

Your best friend is just waiting for you around the corner...

Nuggets guide:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/9121094645

Sturmovik Essentials
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/4551011977

Among others... just to start with.

There are hundreds of people who have made great contributions to the il2 community trying to help others sharing their knowledge.
Unfortunately, again, it needs will and dedication from your side to get value out of those contributions.

Consider putting some time during the... let’s say, next three to six months to become a proud member of the community.

"Serious" aviation Sims that's what they have... so many funny commands and keys...

I am really happy people out there are still curious enough to give a try this old friend. Some of them even stick with it...

Salutes!

Last edited by Majo; 06-03-2010 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Additional information.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerjabs View Post
Oh well, it's only ten bucks, but I do admit that wish I bought a six pack instead. The beer would have been some fun.
You know... all the community has these problems.. we have these since the first release of the game. We have more than 200 flyable planes but still we can't fly.
But at least it seems you can turn on your pc... mine is not starting when I command "POWER ON!": somebody has advised me to read the manual but I'm too lazy...

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.

Last edited by 6S.Manu; 06-03-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Approved Member

You should have bought a nice little game for your x-box.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerjabs View Post
Well, just bought and downloaded the game. It seems to see my joystick when I'm moving it in the set up section but while up in the air...it does nothing. I can shoot my guns while on the ground but thats all. Tried to connect to multiplayer...again...no dice. Gave me one server choice 21000....nothing.

You need to stop creating new threads and return to the first one you started, all the info you need is there for multiplayer.

More info is needed on the joystick issue.

BTW:

If its a Steam download they have been known to be corrupted.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

few info would help: your joystick type, operating system
but first open your C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\conf.ini file and in the [rts section] the "joyUse" parameter must be 1

to play online you need to install hyperlobby: http://hyperfighter.sk/
Old 06-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
You know... all the community has these problems.. we have these since the first release of the game. We have more than 200 flyable planes but still we can't fly.
But at least it seems you can turn on your pc... mine will not start when I command "POWER ON!": somebody has advised me to read the manual but I'm too lazy...
I had this problem not too long ago, not being able to turn on the computer. It had something to do with my power supply. Here is how I fixed it, maybe it will help you. Unplug your computer then disconnect every connection from my power supply. Mother board (likely two connections) and every peripheral. Then (yeah this sounds strange but it worked) take a paper clip and bend it in a U shape. On the main large connector that you took off your mother board, put one end of the U into a green wire hole and one in a black. Now plug the power supply in. If your fans on your supply are working, then unplug it and reconnect all your power connection to all your peripherals and the mother board. Try it and see if it will work now. Mine did. I was absolutely perplexed that I had fixed my computer with a paper clip. Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Well, Jughead, i'm pretty shure that 6S.Manu meant a SPOKEN command "Power on!"
Ironic, you know.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
Well, Jughead, i'm pretty shure that 6S.Manu meant a SPOKEN command "Power on!"
Ironic, you know.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=BadAim;162251]You should have bought a nice little game for your x-box.[/QUOTE

Never owned a console system, but thanks for the flaccid snipe.

I have five to seven buddies that play online PC games together every Tues and Thurs nights. All we play is FPS (BF, CoD, L4DTF2 etc.) For some time we have wanted to be able to dog fight but can't seem to find the "right" game. The issue I have found with these type of games is SMALL online player pools. Each of us have systems that more than meet the requirements of this game. My personal Joystick is a Logitech Attack3.

I have no doubt this game can be fun, but the in game "training" is a mess. Is there something I missed? I've tried other flight sims and they start you out in the cockpit...tell you press button A to start engines....now push joystick throttle up for speed...when you get to this speed pull up etc.

Maybe this game doesn't hold your had like others I tried but wow, from what I saw it does NOTHING to help you get up in the skys for the fun.

I'm a 40 year old PC gaming vet so Ive seen many a game. It just seems like any game of this sort would help you out a bit more than handing you a text book to read.

Still want to play and so would my friends if it doesn't turn our game nights into grinding chore night!!!!!!