Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Default Hosting Practice

Hi All

Apologies if this has already been covered. I've "searched" already, but only had time to check out a couple of the threads which came up and need an answer before I next play.

I'm brand new to "BoP" (PS3 version) and as a long time fan of "IL2" on the PC I've been pleasantly surprised by the game so far, having not had much in the way of expectations for this console outing.

I popped online for the first time this morning, to see if I could figure out how to set up a game in preparation for one I am supposed to be hosting this evening and I might be missing the completely obvious, but I couldn't see an option to set up a private room for just the friends in question.

I ended up setting up a lobby and then looking at the buttons for inviting from my friends list. It looks fairly straight forward, but in the ten seconds it took me to check it out, someone had already joined my lobby!

I obviously wasn't actually playing at that point, so I quit the lobby. (Sorry if that was you by the way. How rude eh?) But it seems to me that while I'm inviting my players tonight, the lobby is going to filling with folks who won't ultimately be invited to play. Not their fault for goodness sake, but am I missing the way I am supposed to avoid this happening? And if not, can I kick the names in question (I am going to feel really bad about that!) to make room for my invited players?

How do you experienced hosts handle this?

Many thanks
Badger
Old 09-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

As far as i know there is no way of hosting a private game at the moment.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stez_ibanez View Post
As far as i know there is no way of hosting a private game at the moment.
You can set private slots... wont that do the trick?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

ok when hosting a player match room you have the option for how many players, underneath you have an option for private slots. Just set that to maximum and job done.

Thats the way i do it but im xbox 360 so not 100% sure its the same with PS3
Old 09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies.

I didn't notice any option for private slots, I might have missed it when my Biggles scarf got wrapped around my face! Can anyone confirm that the PS3 version does indeed have this facility? Because that would obviously solve my problem.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Approved Member

Sadly, the PS3 doesn't have this feature.

I play a lot of matches with friends and find this pretty annoying. Every time someone joins you can either quit and re-make the match, wait for him to leave (but this can take a while lol), or send him/her a friendly msg saying it's a private match (most will understand and leave).

The Xbox users can do this because they have player matches (don't think they can do it in ranked matches), PS3 only has ranked matches.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruberikku View Post
Sadly, the PS3 doesn't have this feature.

The Xbox users can do this because they have player matches (don't think they can do it in ranked matches), PS3 only has ranked matches.
damn that sucks, yeah we can only do it in player matches
Old 09-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Uh-oh.... that's not so good.

Ok, thanks for your help all. At least I can go in with my eyes open.

Badger