Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
Isn't that obvious though. How else would it work ?.
Have you ever messed with radio control planes or cars or even IL2 1946 for that matter?

There is something called an exponential curve meaning you can have a less than 1:1 response curve at the begining and steeper at the end.

In rc this is used to soften the sensitivity around the center to make control less sensitive - but you still have full deflection at the at max stick deflection. If you want to reduce max deflection - there is something called "dual-rate" that changes max travel of servos.

Even IL2 1946 had response curve adjustment, you could adjust the response curve just about anyway you wanted.

Chopping off the max deflection in sensitivity in BOP should have at least been documented so players would be aware - this is probably why Akuma is getting out-turned.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuma View Post
My prefered plane is the BF109G, but as stated above it seems to happen regardless of which plane I'm in.

I've flown in a Hurricane Mk2 against another Hurricane Mk2 and still come out worse. What part of the turn am I getting wrong?
first use the target cam, then you need to interpret what the other person is doing...(going high/low) And adjust acordingly. if you are on 360, my tag is XoBEARoX i can show you some things.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzychickens View Post
BTW, this should be STICKIED.

It's silly, there has to be a TON of players who don't realize they are being out-turned because their sensitivity is set too low.

The game documentation should mention that turning it down reduces max turn rate.
I can't believe I forgot I turned down the sensitivity. I was just in an aracade mode server and I was almost on the brink of rage quitting after the 20th time someone in an inferior plane out-turned me in an absurd fashion.

I got too used to playing sim/real. I wish that was all I could play when I want but it's too hard to find a game so I have to fall into arcade mode sometimes.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

Holy crap, that's been my problem too! I had it below half on the elevators I couldn't stay inside on anybody. Just did a mission with it a few clicks down from full and the difference was amazing! My guy actually started breathing hard, I guess this is the first time he's experienced G's lol!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzychickens View Post
Have you ever messed with radio control planes or cars or even IL2 1946 for that matter?

There is something called an exponential curve meaning you can have a less than 1:1 response curve at the begining and steeper at the end.

In rc this is used to soften the sensitivity around the center to make control less sensitive - but you still have full deflection at the at max stick deflection. If you want to reduce max deflection - there is something called "dual-rate" that changes max travel of servos.

Even IL2 1946 had response curve adjustment, you could adjust the response curve just about anyway you wanted.

Chopping off the max deflection in sensitivity in BOP should have at least been documented so players would be aware - this is probably why Akuma is getting out-turned.
I asked this question some time ago and one of the devs told me that reducing the sensitivity does a bit of both dual rates and expo. I can understand why because this game has to cater to stick-banging FPSers as well as those more used to flight sims. They also said that for nearly all the planes you don't need to go anywhere near max deflection to induce stall/spin behaviours at any speed so unless you have it turned way down then it shouldn't really cause you to be out turned.

Last edited by loopdreams; 09-14-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Even though Anton did say RO/BO would be patched in they are not on the fix list he announced, so I don't know if it is going to happen.

* Controls remapping (custom layout).
* Changed MP kills scoring system. Suicide will always reduce score; crash (or bailout) soon (one minute) after signifficant damage will score to shooter; crash (or bailout) after 12 seconds after being hit even lightly will score to shooter.
* Brakes with flightstick fix.
* (For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger.
* More effective flak.
* Blackouts and redouts on realistic/simulation back again.

^^ they are in the list ^^ last item (he added them 2 hours after the list came out)
Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

best thing to do is not get into a turning war with them fly low to the ground it will b harder to spot you get some distance and then get some alltitude line up and come in for another attack
seems to work best for me
have a look at this pdf file has loads of great facts and tips for air combat thanks for house md for pointing me in the right direction

http://web.comhem.se/~u85627360/inpursuit.pdf
Old 09-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
* Controls remapping (custom layout).
* Changed MP kills scoring system. Suicide will always reduce score; crash (or bailout) soon (one minute) after signifficant damage will score to shooter; crash (or bailout) after 12 seconds after being hit even lightly will score to shooter.
* Brakes with flightstick fix.
* (For Arcade& realistic) RS will look around with 'half pressed' target camera trigger.
* More effective flak.
* Blackouts and redouts on realistic/simulation back again.

^^ they are in the list ^^ last item (he added them 2 hours after the list came out)
Ah that's why I missed that, thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Even though Anton did say RO/BO would be patched in they are not on the fix list he announced, so I don't know if it is going to happen.
Can someone tell me where this "fix list" is and when its expected?
Thanks.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauptmannMolders View Post
Can someone tell me where this "fix list" is and when its expected?
Thanks.
There's a link at the top of this forum that will take you too another forum where Anton posted the list. As to the date of the fix, nothings been mentioned yet.