Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

I hear ya Desode.
I love flight games, but I almost dread when it comes in. I know that then I have to figure out the controls, decide what is priority, figure out a scheme, program the X-52, troubleshoot that...never really playing the game, due to backing out to fix something...I often get sick of it by the time it's done and find myself playing OGF again for a week or two. LOL

Keyboard/mouse...I'm not sure if I want that to happen on a console. Especially shooters. I refuse to play a shooter on the pc for the most part due to bots, silly mouse speed movement not in the spirit of the game etc. Not bashing, that's just personal preference. Pulling a trigger on a controller with vibration brings me into the game, and the speed of moving the weapon is slower, giving it "weight".

Still, I enjoy the PC for a lot of games I'm not likely to see on console, and Steam is just SO convenient. My friends are on the 360, and that along with Live, built in comms...yeah, they're just gaming PC's now, very dedicated and built to order. It's amazing what developers can get out of these machines. Instead of shooting the moon for graphics, forcing it out of the game with raw horsepower of an expensive graphics card, they use their intelligence to get the most out of a machine with fixed stats. They do better with a lower spec machines than some higher spec pc games with more horsepower, due to innovation. That's a good thing.

In the end, I'm on the PC once a week, but the 360 almost daily.
I just wish the games were PC priced. LOL

Last edited by Raw Kryptonite; 05-19-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Desode, which console are you buying it for?
I currently have it preordered for the 360, since I have a Ace Edge flightstick.

I may get it for the ps3 also, we'll just have to see when it comes out.
Desode
Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post

Keyboard/mouse...I'm not sure if I want that to happen on a console. Especially shooters. I refuse to play a shooter on the pc for the most part due to bots, silly mouse speed movement not in the spirit of the game etc. Not bashing, that's just personal preference. Pulling a trigger on a controller with vibration brings me into the game, and the speed of moving the weapon is slower, giving it "weight".
"silly mouse speed movement" lol speed means nothing, you missed it totally ...accuracy is why i prefer mouse speed as is not even secondary.
It gives better controll period.
Anyone who says "controller is better" is saying that a fps Doom 1 or 2 played with keyboard keys is better than mouse for looking around.

Controller allways filled me with disgust, tried it, and i hate, thumbs hurt after an hour.
And every game which was transfered from pc was dumbed down and slowed down.
I tried cod4 on a console and couldnt stop asking myself why is controller so praised, its more of a handicap. Plus, most of the fps games have autoaim turned on in game, wonder why, because accuracy is so good ....fail.

Console games for now are limited with both number of keys/key combinations, and also game types because of the controller.
I really dont know how could i play for example Silent Hunter 4 and i dont want to know as long as the controller is the primary mean of console game controll. Or a rts.

Quote:
I just wish the games were PC priced. LOL
Lol how much is the diffirence i heard the prices are pure rippofs?
Strange if you coinsider that "console games sale better than pc games" should they be cheaper, oh yeah i forgot, greeed. So much about pirates as a reason for high game prices.

Also someone said that with the pc "problems and patches never stop".
Pure myth dont know what are you doing with your pc because i dont remmber when was the last time i had problems with the pc itself antivirus and firewall i all you need and once in 4 months you update the graphics card driver other thing dont touch if you dont understand let it on default.

The games are getting crappier (rushed untested...... publisher greed nothing more) for example:

Cod4 - in more than a year of playing how many crashes......once
Fallout 3 - a console game "turned fast to pc version to get fallout fans milked" crash every 15 minutes

Last edited by Alter Hase; 05-19-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

I was simply stating preference for how I prefer to game (more simulation than game/points based). I use both types of hardware so I get to pick and choose what I play and in what format. Enjoy your games how you want, I'm not concerned with it.
I'm not getting drawn any further into this ridiculous type of discussion, it's a waste of time and not why I'm here.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I was simply stating preference for how I prefer to game (more simulation than game/points based). I use both types of hardware so I get to pick and choose what I play and in what format. Enjoy your games how you want, I'm not concerned with it.
I'm not getting drawn any further into this ridiculous type of discussion, it's a waste of time and not why I'm here.
But you didnt have any problem strongly suggesting that you dont want a keyboard/mouse ta have any bigger use on a console, despite it would open a whole new world to it.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

I have a keyboard for my ps3, so i'll welcome having to use it for extra simulation
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimatay View Post
I have a keyboard for my ps3, so i'll welcome having to use it for extra simulation
Thats the spirit, democracy of controls for everyone
Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Leave the mouse controls to PC please.

Nothing worse than playing a console FPS where someone has rigged up a mouse. It makes it so easy for them to dominate.

A level playing field is best.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

I hear ya. It makes sniping not even a challenge. No holding your breath to get a better shot just hold your hand and mouse still. I used to like playing the older call of duty's on pc but since I have a ps3 I use my computer for everything but gaming. Except flight gear for mac.

Last edited by trk29; 05-21-2009 at 09:24 PM.