Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
"you can also connect one of those"

bahahah, you console gamers make me laugh
Sorry to bring back an old thread and then go way off topic but, what in the world is that? It looks like a reject from a '80's arcade machine. Ms. Pacman anyone?
Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

WTF no show for PC, and thats your thx to the people which bought your simulations in the first place and want to continue . This is a sad day for gaming

Why may i ask, just please dont give me the the crap about pirates

Last edited by Alter Hase; 05-18-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Hase View Post
WTF no show for PC, and thats your thx to the people which bought your simulations in the first place and want to continue . This is a sad day for gaming

they will make more money with a console version then they will with a pc version
Old 05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

This is the first REAL simulator to come to consoles.

I've always read in many forums for console players wanting more realism and capabilities in the games. So I don't think they're that much different from us.

PC will get SOW:BOB

Console players will now get to share IL2............and ArmA

Last edited by xNikex; 05-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
This is the first REAL simulator to come to consoles.

I've always read in many forums for console players wanting more realism and capabilities in the games. So I don't think they're that much different from us.

PC will get SOW:BOB

Console players will now get to share IL2............and ArmA
God i hope you are right, because when i hear people playing consoles saying that HALO is the best fps i get a heart attack.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
God i hope you are right, because when i hear people playing consoles saying that HALO is the best fps i get a heart attack.
I know LoL.

The game does have the same flight model and AI(maybe tweaked slightly) and a very good damage model so I expect great results.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
they will make more money with a console version then they will with a pc version
Somehow i doubt, people hooked on consoles generally are not so keen to spend a lot of time on realistic and hard simulations.
Not even pc guys are "simualtion junkies" altough they focus more on complicated steep curve learning games, and are older.

Even with this being true its still bs. How the hell did they manage with a pc exclusive without "sinking" ?
Did pc IL2 players commited mass suicide so there is no one left to buy it for pc (Jesus i cant belive im saying this for a pc flight simulator, wer screwed)?

I am going to be a bastard now and say its simple greed combined with laziness.

Last edited by Alter Hase; 05-18-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

Some of us old guys play both, you don't have to choose one or the other.
Over G Fighters is a console sim, BTW, IL2 won't be the first. It may not be LOMAC, but it's still a sim. Don't let the hokey mission briefings fool you. Brilliant game.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Yeah there are a lot of us old guys that play both. I have just got to the point where I'm tired after working a 40+ hr week and when I get a pc game for $50 (on Friday night) and have to spend 3 days getting it to run 100% right and then have to download 3 patches ! update this driver and that driver ! Just to to play a game I paid $50 for ! Geezz ! Its a crap shoot on pc anymore.

Don't get me wrong I still play pc games but I also have a 360 and a ps3. Its getting to the point where in a couple of years there isn't going to be a console game or a pc game its just going to be a multiplatform Game. Consoles are turning into Pc's , Heck they pretty much are now.

I say this in all honesty guys , enjoy calling games a "Pc Port" or a "Console Port" because we are in the last days of you being able to say that.

I think we are going to start seeing a lot more games coming to consoles that will use Mouse & Keyboard and have the Hard core values/options that pc games still hold the upper hand with right now. Its only a matter of time.

There is no stopping it(follow the money) ,so the Best thing you can do for the future of gaming is make your voices heard on what you want and expect in a Game. We need Gamers that are going to go to the Dev web sites( forums), and say " Hey I'm a gamer and I want this option and that option in every game PERIOD ! whether its on console or pc, it should be the same Exact game".

Sadly that is not what I see happening. I see tons of Pc gamers bashing every game that comes to console. I hear them say "OH,Well thats a console game it must be a bunch of arcade Crap !" or " Why is it only being made for console !" . Instead of statments like that , why not encourage the Game Developers to earn your money ? Tell them, Give us a Pc game on console and well give you our support.

Why would anyone who is a pc gamer not play a game on a console if it had M&K support and every option you currently have on PC ?
Plus it always works, with no hassle. Are there really people out there, that have the Branding name "PC Gamer" ingraved into their foreheads so deep that you wouldn't play your favorite game on a console ? Even if it had all the options you want and ran perfect everytime ? Plus you never had to download a patch or a update ?

I have been a Gamer my whole life, Since I was 6yrs old and PONG came out.
Then the Arcades, then C64 and then Nintendo and then PC's , then consoles !
People need to quit Branding themselves as a Pc gamer or a console gamer.

Please don't take this as a attack on Pc gamers because Console gamers are just as bad with somethings too. See most of them have no clue what kind of Gaming options they deserve for their money so they sometimes accept CRAP !

I know I'm Preaching so I'll shut up, Thanks for your time and consideration , Desode
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Desode, which console are you buying it for?