Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxCorvan View Post
I'm not saying any stuff, and I'm glad that Xbox users can play air sims: any title who helps rise again the popularity of the genre is welcome.

I only doubt that a game that needs to bind 50+ keys just to get off the ground, and requires precise and well-calibrated peripherals to be enjoyable can be ported fully to a device that is controlled with two small sticks and a few buttons, without any simplification -or, if you prefer to call it this way, dumbing down- of at least a few features, like CEM, trim or AI comms, because I don't know how the h*ll are you going to control those without a keyboard or a panel.

And the same goes for flaps, brakes, lights, sight controls... even independent rudder. How are you going to control those, if they're not simplified, unless it comes bundled with a full Messenger Kit keyboard?

So I guess it will have Il-2 FMs, gunnery, DMs, etc., but it CANNOT have some complex management features that are impossible to control without several expensive Xbox peripherals, ok? So they must be 'automated', this is, disabled, this is, no full switch.

Unless you are able to play the PC Il-2 just with this:
Why would you, if you could also play with this?

or this

You can also connect one of those:

This works with both, PC & PS3:
Old 06-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Default PS3 Controller

Quote:
I'm not saying any stuff, and I'm glad that Xbox users can play air sims: any title who helps rise again the popularity of the genre is welcome.

I only doubt that a game that needs to bind 50+ keys just to get off the ground, and requires precise and well-calibrated peripherals to be enjoyable can be ported fully to a device that is controlled with two small sticks and a few buttons, without any simplification -or, if you prefer to call it this way, dumbing down- of at least a few features, like CEM, trim or AI comms, because I don't know how the h*ll are you going to control those without a keyboard or a panel.

And the same goes for flaps, brakes, lights, sight controls... even independent rudder. How are you going to control those, if they're not simplified, unless it comes bundled with a full Messenger Kit keyboard?

So I guess it will have Il-2 FMs, gunnery, DMs, etc., but it CANNOT have some complex management features that are impossible to control without several expensive Xbox peripherals, ok? So they must be 'automated', this is, disabled, this is, no full switch.

What Faulker said............... my grandson uses the Saitek on his PS3...........................

Last edited by ~BeoWolf~; 06-08-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Ok, ok, guys. Why speculating? The thing will be out in a year or so, and then we'll see.

Still, I doubt it will be released with a label on the cover saying: "This game requires the user adding his own USB keyboard to be playable."

Last edited by DuxCorvan; 06-08-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Still, I doubt it will be released with a label on the cover saying: "This game requires the user adding his own USB keyboard to be playable."
which is why the preview article refers to it as being scalable use it in simple mode with the standard console controllers, and add other hardware and a keyboard to make it more realistic.

the OP's question still remains unanswered, several of the preview articles clearly refers to BoP being released for the pc.

even if some people from 1C stated this game is based on the il2 engine, the terrain looks like BoB, the trees look like BoB, the plane set is BoB era, and you can even see the cliffs of dover in the movie clip.

right now with the lack of information for BoB on the pc, that crowd better hope that BoP is also released for the pc. because in the absence of any concrete information to confirm BoB is still on track, any skeptical il2 pc fan should realize that once this console money cow starts producing milk and honey this might well be the closest to BoB we ever get.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

BoP is going to be released only on consoles, PC is not planed.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Roger that, Nike-it.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You can get one of these with an Ace Combat 6 bundle. Recognise it from anywhere?

*edit* Oops, should have read the whole thread.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

thanks Nike-it
Old 11-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

Default Please make BoP available on the pc!

Having been a major fan of the il2 series (probably close to 1,000 hours) and am still playing it almost daily I can safely say that if you make it they will come. The preview videos and the descriptions are everything that I could hope for as long as it still has the detailed simulation that we have all come to know and love. There is no current equal to these simulations. To have it only available as an arcade style game on the game stations would be a shame. I know that pc's are not the cookie cutter boxes the gaming boxes are but wow, can you imagine the possibilites! You make the programs on computers why not migrate it to the pc? I would gladly pony up some serious cash for it. My birthday is in June, guess what I want!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

"you can also connect one of those"

bahahah, you console gamers make me laugh