Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Default New player ahoy!

Hi

I just picked up BOP like yesterday (for £20 new inTesco no less!) and am really enjoying it. Would love to get into playing with other people online.

I'm super new at the game so was hoping for a teeny bit of advice.

Is there a particular difficulty that is played most online?

Should I go through the singleplayer first?

Oh, and I'm on PS3 so i guess I should ask if there are many players on there too.

My PSN id is Agent7ig7ag if anyone fances a noob wingman to coach up to Ace-dom.

Peace
ZZ
Old 05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

welcome fella, i would do the single payer mode as it unlocks quite a large portion of the planes that are available to fly. i mainly fly sim online but there are plenty of games availale in both arcade and realistic aswell so send me a friend request and i will be glad to help my psn is BRIGGBOY
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Hi mate, welcome to the forum and to BoP

I would recommend you finish the single player first. This will get you familiar with the handling and also unlock a lot of aircraft you will need in multiplayer.

The three difficult levels are pretty evenly supported at the moment. I would recommend starting with arcade to get used to the gun lead shooting then move up to realistic later. There are lots of good threads on the board with hints you will need, I will see if I can link a few for you.

Ps3 is still pretty active. Best time to get some games is between 7 and 12 gmt. At that point you usually have the Europeans and north Americas all playing.

Good luck and see you in the skies

Edit: here is a good thread to read:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11837

Last edited by dkwookie; 05-24-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

welcome zigzag, you found a great community with a wealth of information and skills. 3 things... 1. if you have a question or get stuck on a mission do a search. you will find out you arent the only one who might have hit that snag. 2. dont get frustrated...there are a lot of VERY good pilots in here and you will get you lunch eaten for a while....take the time to experiment and see what works and see what they do to get out of trouble. 3 have fun. that is what this is all about..the leaderboards dont count...its not about winning...its all about laughing and having a good time with some good people. enjoy.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Yo 7ig7ag. Welcome to a great game.
I see u've already got a few good advices of the aces here.
It's all about taking your time, be patient and have fun. You will be the next ace in due time if u can live with beeing battered, shot down and whipped to skills.

Good hunting mate!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Approved Member

welcome to the forum

as above really

great bunch of guy to fly with also take the time to do the tutorials and unlock realistic (thats what alot of us fly) the plane characteristcs(sp?) are totally different to arcade!!

i still get my ass kicked (mostly by the ground) and ive been playing it for ages lol

my PSN is my user name is the same for here hope to see you on there soon

happy flying