Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Default Bug in Realistic training

Hi,

I'm new here, signed up because I think something strange is happening during the last realistic training mission. The one where you are told to stay close to the instructor, then dive... Then he tries to lose you, after that a bomber appears and you have to destroy it.

Anyways, I think I'm having some strange bug happen to me and want to see if I'm doing something wrong and if it has happened to others.

Basically what happens is either the instructors plane or the bomber will just disappear from my view as I approach them after I get past the section where you have to dive then chase the instructor. For instance I will see the bomber on the screen that I have to destroy, so I start chasing after him then all of the sudden he will just blink off the screen... I'm not talking about he dives down or loses me, it's pretty much instant.

After that I can't seem to ever the instructor or that other plane even when using the popup map to locate and fly towards them.

Any ideas?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Hi,

I'm new here, signed up because I think something strange is happening during the last realistic training mission. The one where you are told to stay close to the instructor, then dive... Then he tries to lose you, after that a bomber appears and you have to destroy it.

Anyways, I think I'm having some strange bug happen to me and want to see if I'm doing something wrong and if it has happened to others.

Basically what happens is either the instructors plane or the bomber will just disappear from my view as I approach them after I get past the section where you have to dive then chase the instructor. For instance I will see the bomber on the screen that I have to destroy, so I start chasing after him then all of the sudden he will just blink off the screen... I'm not talking about he dives down or loses me, it's pretty much instant.

After that I can't seem to ever the instructor or that other plane even when using the popup map to locate and fly towards them.

Any ideas?
Do you first see it as a blurry dot, and when you get closer it disappears? And can you still see it on the map or not?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

isnt this the training for simulator?

Anyways, if it is that one:
It is because planes very far away will be seen as a obvious black dot. But in the 0-3km range, the black dot is replaced by the real plane model... making all the planes in the 1.5-3 km range very hard to see. It is no bug, its just the low detail dot, changing to high detail object.

Try to use you map to locate the plane, and fly to the place where you saw the dot. In the beginning it is very hard to spot planes, but you will get used to it.

Oh, btw, after the patch this problem should be solved and the should no longer be a 'plane invisible range'
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered Member

Ya, it is in the training missions and I can still see the planes on that popup map. This is on the PS3 by the way, not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Sounds like it might be that dot changing to a high detail plane model issue. I will go have a try again and see what happens and at what distances.

Thanks!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ya, it is in the training missions and I can still see the planes on that popup map. This is on the PS3 by the way, not sure if it makes a difference or not.

Sounds like it might be that dot changing to a high detail plane model issue. I will go have a try again and see what happens and at what distances.

Thanks!
just give it some time .. try homing in on the target using your map, then look around, especially above you (AI always flies high if your not shooting at them )
Old 10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Thanks!
It probably is. As Morgoth said, it'll be fixed in the update. And indeed I think you're playing on Sim there . Just check your map regularly, one of the most important things to do on Sim, apart from flying the aircraft.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Ok, so after much playing it seems as though that is what it is. Once that dot disappears, I just keep checking my map and head that direction scanning the skies... Eventually I see them.

I seem to be getting better at tracking them down now that I know what the issue is... Plus I just got my new joystick and that helps too.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Approved Member

im on ps3, and i had a similar problem. im not sure how i solved it, i just remember i finally got close enough where the bomber would not disappear. that only created a new problem, i would shoot at the bomber all the way until point blank... nothing. turns out i had to collide with it to get the credit and a mission complete.

some weird glitch. that was a while ago, i vaguely remember it. hopefully that helps somehow.