Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

Default Wierd problem PS3, Hangar crashes. Any idea's?

Hey guys,
I've got a strange problem that I haven't seen posted anywhere and thought maybe someone could help. I went online last week and did some arcade dogfight's, unlocked the TA152 I think it was, And now I can't access the hangar to view my unlocked planes.

The wierd part is if I use my PS3 profile and try to go into the hangar the console completely freezes, but if I create a new user and load up IL-2 the hangar works fine. Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea's as to what could be causing it?

Thanks All
Old 01-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GT RX] View Post
Hey guys,
I've got a strange problem that I haven't seen posted anywhere and thought maybe someone could help. I went online last week and did some arcade dogfight's, unlocked the TA152 I think it was, And now I can't access the hangar to view my unlocked planes.

The wierd part is if I use my PS3 profile and try to go into the hangar the console completely freezes, but if I create a new user and load up IL-2 the hangar works fine. Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea's as to what could be causing it?

Thanks All
Hi and welcome to the forum. I saw a post on here where someone posted the same issue. Hopefully someone will see this that knows the answer if there is a solution. I wish I could help but I don't know.

EDIT: here is the thread that I saw earlier take a look in here.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ghlight=hangar

Last edited by trk29; 01-17-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Sounds like a corrupt save file to me...

There's a few threads with saved game files on here, download one onto a USB stick and overwrite your current save data. Make sure that you get a save file that matches your DLC. eg. If you've bought the DLC you'll need a save file that also has the DLC.

I reckon this will probably sort out the problem, although I'm guessing. (educated guess tho!). It's got to be the save file because it works with a new user on your ps3, so it's not the disc or the ps3.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

Hey guys, thanks for the help, defiantely appreciated. I will give them both a shot tonight and see how it goes. It's not affecting my gameplay at all, it's just an annoyance more than anything.

Thanks Again
Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Now I think about it I hate the hanger anyway... Reload for every plane veiwed... Why?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Now I think about it I hate the hanger anyway... Reload for every plane veiwed... Why?
The are beautiful to view in the hangar but it makes it a pain to have to wait just to go from plane to plane.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

This is going to sound crazy but I think it's my X-52 causing the save file to be corrupted. I wiped my save game and started again, which sucked a bit because I'd finished the game on arcade and got about half-way through realistic.

I started fresh with the PS3 controller and had no problem's,unlocked sim mode again, Then I started campaign again with the X-52 and started having random joystick drop out's again, then I noticed the hangar doesn't work immediately after a joystick crash.

My X-52 is one of the older model's that had problem's with the software so I think this glitch is related, I will update the thread when I know for sure

Cheers
Old 01-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

Well, For those that may be interested,Did some more testing yesterday and the X52 is the culprit. Mine was one of the first X52's and I remeber I did have problem's with it but could never find my reciept so I stuck it in the closet and forgot about it.

I'm now busting through the game again on the PS3 controller and I've had no problem's whatsoever, Wierd huh?