Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 10-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Default New Add-On from Desastersoft?

Without announcing it to anyone Desastersoft put another Add-On to their order- and product-list.

Fliegerasse! Adolf Galland - Der Experte

Shop: http://shop.desastersoft.com/

A little summary:
4 new campaigns:
- Fliegerasse! Adolf Galland – the Expert -1940 / Bf 109 E4
- 7. Staffel/ Jagdgeschwader "Schlageter" 26 – operation in the battle of Britain
No. 303 Squadron – Polish fight for Britains victory – Hurricane I (ROTOL) und Spitfire IIa
- Kampfgeschwader "Legion Condor" 53 – commitment over Britain – 1940 – Heinkel 111 H2
printed map
flight course calculator as PDF-file
printed handbook
90 additional A/C skins for Adolf Gallant and JG 26
Knickebein Leitstrahl System
and a reworked career system

Looks like it's in german only for now.

Edit: Amazon says 15. November as date of publication

Last edited by Kodoss; 10-25-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info, I was looking at the Desastersoft website last night and noticed this but wasn't sure what it was as it's all in German.

Been interested in some decent offline campaigns and was wondering if any of the Desastersoft CLoD campaigns available in English yet? Also, I had heard good things about the Desastersoft campaign but that was a while ago - do they work with the current (final) version of CLoD? How are the AI and radio commands?
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

The Wick&Dundas Add-On is available in English as a download.

http://shop.desastersoft.com/en/0/0/...t-details.html
Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodoss View Post
The Wick&Dundas Add-On is available in English as a download.

http://shop.desastersoft.com/en/0/0/...t-details.html
Heinkill SimHQ review here

http://simhq.com/_air14/air_524a.html

I have it its good.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder! View Post

Been interested in some decent offline campaigns and was wondering if any of the Desastersoft CLoD campaigns available in English yet? Also, I had heard good things about the Desastersoft campaign but that was a while ago - do they work with the current (final) version of CLoD? How are the AI and radio commands?
As they don´t dig too deep into the engine, you have the "stock" AI and Radio-Commands. Used at it´s best, but still stock-CloD.

With their newest add-on, you can call a friendly alarm-start which will spawn and come to help you...

To sum it up: Desastersoft is the best you can get out of CloD if you want to play offline, but it is still CloD...

EDIT: You can order and get it right now if you order via Desastersoft-Shop. 15. November is only the amazon-Date...
EDIT: Translation of Channel Battles is WIP.

Last edited by Continu0; 10-25-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

I have the English version of 'Wick v Dundas' via download and its excellent.
Full realism with no outside views, no map icons and giro compass navigaton is brutal.
I am looking forward to the English version of Channel battles and will definately buy that.
Try the free English demo of Wick as you get five sorties.

Its working fine with the latest 1.11 official patch although i really hate that the engines now are already started when on the ground (which was introduced by 1c in 1.11 and is not Destastersofts fault). Spoils the immersion for me. I may ask them if they can fix it!.

This plus HeinKills missons have kept up my interest in CloD.
It definately adds the campaigns that 1c left out for us offline single players.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
Approved Member

I don't even ply cliffs of fail anymore, but you put Galland's name on anything and you have my interest.
Will buy, even if CoD doesn't do justice to all of desastersoft's hard work.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
I don't even ply cliffs of fail anymore, but you put Galland's name on anything and you have my interest.
Will buy, even if CoD doesn't do justice to all of desastersoft's hard work.
Channel Battles also good. I got the German version, even I don't speak it. Still its good. English version November tho.

http://www.simhq.com/_air15/air_538a.html
Old 10-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Really nice story line! The role of the polish no. 303, which were one of the most successful in the royal air force. Really a nice addition to fill it with immersion.

Poor that it is not for online campaigns, where you can add a friend or 3 to join in your squadron. That is really one of the big shame, which is still left unsolved in clod. Just invite a player to fly directly as wingman and programm the game the way that there is no difference between online and offline campaigns. This should be possible to fly with your clan wingman at least, just to get routine to fight with teamwork efficiently.

Aaaaaaah, that would be sooo great, as I do not like to fly alone. Perhaps someone can.make it.coop.compatible one day.

Nevertheless: Again great job with a lot of enthusiasm. These add-ons really helped some people to stick with the game. GJ, desastersoft!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

S!

A definite add-on to buy