Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 09-17-2011, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Default Addon for CloD - Pilot career tracker with ranks/medals etc

EDIT: 28 September: RAF Pilot Career Tracker Version 2.0 uploaded

Change Log:

- Completely redesigned the 'Downed Pilot Outcome Generator' - it now dynamically generates outcomes for you. (same as the version with the luftwaffe pilot tracker)
- Added support for custom Squadrons - you can now enter your own virtual or historic squadrons
- improved examples on the log book page and added a button to easily delete all the examples when you are ready to use the tracker. (please not some fields in the examples such as "start" and "finish" times are intentionally left blank so they wouldn't trigger any of the ranks/medals - you should of course fill these in when you log your own flights)

New download locations:

RAF Pilot Tracker Version 2.0: http://www.savefile.com/dl/LHSQRBKV or http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?...tid=18&cid=151

Luftwaffe Pilot Tracker Version 2.0: http://www.savefile.com/dl/26W4FG9Q or http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?...tid=18&cid=148

Royal Australian Airforce Version 1.0: http://www.savefile.com/dl/HGV8A95L

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

Hey all

One thing I thought was missing from Cliffs was a career tracker for my pilots, so i made one using excel and thought I'd share it with the community. Very keen to hear your thoughts re any enhancements/modifications etc.

This is an excel file that you run outside of cliffs, with the idea being that you enter the results of your flight sessions after each gaming session online (could be used for single player i guess but intended for online). It's designed to be very quick and easy to enter the data with key criteria including the number of sorties you flew, your start and finish times, how many kills you achieved, and the outcome of your sorties - ie did you land safely at the end.

This is designed to be one pilot for one virtual "life" - ie if you die in game, your pilot is then killed and you would start again with a new pilot and a new tracker file.

So far it's really changed the way i fly - once you have a pilot with 25 kills and 10 hours flight experience, you really start to care about the outcome of every sortie!

(I should note that i tend to fly more tactical sorties with my squad as opposed to "air-quake").

Features:

- Dynamic career tracker based on excel database which tracks your flights/kills etc.

- Commendations/medals/rank progression as you gain experience.

- A tool for generating random outcomes should your pilot bail out over the channel or over France so you can work out whether your precious pilot lived to fight another day!

- drop down menus and auto-fill forms to speed up data entry.

- RAF ranks and medals awarded dynamically throughout your career based on your achievements.

- RAF, RAAF and Luftwaffe versions

NOTES: You need to enable content and Macros on your excel in order for this to work. Also I have entered a couple of initial entries into the log as an example as to how to fill out the log - of course you will want to delete these entries before starting your pilot's career!

It has been designed so that you fill in a log entry after each game session (rather than each sortie), or when you change aircraft. You will need to keep track of how many sorties you fly in each gaming session. I keep a pen and paper next to me when i fly and just jot down the start time of my game session, the finish time, and how many kills i get as it can be tough to remember these things after an hour or so of intense dogfighting!

I also recommend only recording kills you can confirm like in WW2 - I dont trust the stat tracker in Cliffs! I assign half kills if i share it - so if my wingman and i both shoot down a HE111, I will give myself 0.5 kills.

All feedback welcome!

PS - A huge thanks to JG54Spookie for his medals images for the Luftwaffe version from Mission4today.com (great site) - thanks also to Gamekeeper for suggesting them - that saved me heaps of time!
-

Last edited by ReconNZ; 09-28-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Yeah it's an outside the game thing - you need a copy of Excel to run it.

(I'd love to be smart enough to build a mod to incorporate it into the game, that is though rather far beyond my skill set!)
Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconNZ View Post
Hey all

One thing I thought was missing from Cliffs was a career tracker for my pilots, so i made one using excel and thought I'd share it with the community. Very keen to hear your thoughts re any enhancements/modifications etc.

This is an excel file that you run outside of cliffs, with the idea being that you enter the results of your flight sessions after each gaming session online (could be used for single player i guess but intended for online). Key criteria which you enter include the number of sorties you flew, your start and finish times, how many kills you achieved, and the outcome of your sorties - ie did you land safely at the end.

This is designed to be one pilot for one life - ie if you die, your pilot is then killed and you would start again with a new pilot and a new tracker file.

So far it's really changed the way i fly - once you have a pilot with 25 kills and 10 hours flight experience, you really start to care about the outcome of every sortie!

(I should note that i tend to fly more tactical sorties with my squad as opposed to "air-quake").

Features:

- Dynamic career tracker based on excel database which tracks your flights/kills etc.

- Commendations/medals/rank progression as you gain experience.

- A tool for generating random outcomes should your pilot bail out over the channel or over France so you can work out whether your precious pilot lived to fight another day!

- drop down menus and auto-fill forms to speed up data entry.

- RAF ranks and medals awarded based on your achievements.

KNOWN LIMITATIONS

This is based on RAF (actually RAAF as I'm in Aussie) but i could easily adapt for German pilots as well if there is any interest?

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.savefile.com/dl/HGV8A95L

EDIT: - V1.1 uploaded (link above updated to new file) - found a few bugs caused by the protection on some of the worksheets - FIXED.

NOTES: You need to enable content and Macros on your excel in order for this to work. Also I have entered a first entry into the log as an example as to how to fill out the log - of course you will want to delete this entry before starting your pilot's career!

It has been designed so that you fill in a log entry after each game session (rather than each sortie) but you do need to keep track of how many sorties you fly. I keep a pen and paper next to me when i fly and just jot down the start time of my game session, the finish time, and how many kills i get as it can be tough to remember these things after an hour or so of intense dogfighting!

I also recommend only recording kills you can confirm like in WW2 - I dont trust the stat tracker in Cliffs! I assign half kills if i share it - so if my wingman and i both shoot down a HE111, I will give myself 0.5 kills.

All feedback welcome!

-
I've been dreaming of something like this. Hopefully someone can put it in the game / server. Imagine each server tracks your Pilot's career and assigns ranks to each player based on kills gained on the server. When you die you loose all kills and rank set back to private. It would make the game realistic since pilots would care about getting home. It also gives the bail out command a purpose. Rank would also be great because if plane restrictions are introduced it can give the better planes to the higher ranked pilots. One day....
Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Approved Member

yeah i know there are some server stat trackers online, it might be possible for someone a lot smarted than me to find a way to incorporate those stats into something like this tracker. That would be a way off though!

In the meantime i figured this is better than nothing. It takes less than 30 seconds to enter your session results into this tracker after each game session - its all done with auto fill boxes and drop down menus so its super fast.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
I've been dreaming of something like this. Hopefully someone can put it in the game / server. Imagine each server tracks your Pilot's career and assigns ranks to each player based on kills gained on the server. When you die you loose all kills and rank set back to private. It would make the game realistic since pilots would care about getting home. It also gives the bail out command a purpose. Rank would also be great because if plane restrictions are introduced it can give the better planes to the higher ranked pilots. One day....

" Rank would also be great because if plane restrictions are introduced it can give the better planes to the higher ranked pilots. " - Good call Golum, this element definately works with this tool - one of the intentions i had with this was to add some structure around squad play within CloD - using pilot rank is a good way to mix and match roles within a squad, and especially where plane variants are limited, allowing the higher ranked pilots to take up the spit IIa's for example is interesting. Plus with the dynamic nature of the tracker, a squad player may be higher ranked for a few sorties but should his virtual tracker pilot be killed, he would then start again with e new virtual pilot giving another squad member the chance to fly as flight leader within the game.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Lovely work.

This has always been on the Dev's list. See the thread started by Oleg back in March 2010 ... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...41&postcount=7

PPP
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconNZ View Post
Yeah it's an outside the game thing - you need a copy of Excel to run it.
Wouldn't be a copy of Open Office Calc enough?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

I'm not familiar with open office sorry - I know though that if you dont have excel Microsoft are doing free 60 day trials of Office which includes Excel, so you can at least get it for 60 days to give it a go.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Approved Member

Hey all, I've been asked if there is any chance of doing a German version of this. Happy to do so if there is any interest, so perhaps post here or pm me if you'd be interested in a German career/stat tracker.