Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

It's fantastic!...
If only, someone more talented than me could remove russian writings from larger version.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

I've just done a "print screen" on the in-flight map and printed it onto am A4 page. I will now write in the names of the airfields from the Battle of Britain/10 & 11 Group map that I printed out from another website earlier in the day.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Just a suggestion Mungee, you can use the full misson builder map for airfields, I notice the one you linked to is missing Ramsgate & Littlestone which are currently being used for the RAF in the MP misson that the servers are using.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

I just wish the in game map had city/village and airfield names on it.

Not being from GB, or Europe, I am lost except for London. It would be like me showing you a map of my state of Ohio with no place names on it, and telling you your mission will be to fly from Wood County Airport to Mansfield Lom Airport via Lima and Bucyrus.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Old 04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
I just wish the in game map had city/village and airfield names on it.

Not being from GB, or Europe, I am lost except for London. It would be like me showing you a map of my state of Ohio with no place names on it, and telling you your mission will be to fly from Wood County Airport to Mansfield Lom Airport via Lima and Bucyrus.

+1
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

edit: updated map and download link included

I have been working on a large-scale map of the English Channel for my own use but you are welcome to use it if you want. It's a 10752x9126 pixel PNG, weighs in at just over 90MB and was generated using some of the Cliffs of Dover game assets. Airfields and major urban areas are shown though the map is still a work-in-progress and additional airfields, towns and other landmarks will be added in future.

There are a handful of known issues e.g. in some cases text label placement and colours need to be tweaked for readability.

Download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N5TH44FT [edit: updated link to the final version of the map]

Last edited by Bertram W. Wooster; 04-25-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: updated download link
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Bertram W. Wooster;272703]I've been working on a large-scale map of the English Channel for my own use but you are welcome to use it if you want. It's a 9216 x 10752 pixel PNG, weighs in at just over 80MB and was generated using some of the Cliffs of Dover game assets. Airfields and major urban areas are shown, though the map is still a work-in-progress and additional airfields, towns and other landmarks will be added in future.

Really great map when finished. Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram W. Wooster View Post
I've been working on a large-scale map of the English Channel for my own use but you are welcome to use it if you want. It's a 9216 x 10752 pixel PNG, weighs in at just over 80MB and was generated using some of the Cliffs of Dover game assets. Airfields and major urban areas are shown, though the map is still a work-in-progress and additional airfields, towns and other landmarks will be added in future.

There are a handful of known issues, including:
1. the western-most map tiles, including the Cherbourg peninsula, are not shown;
2. in some cases text label placement and colours need to be tweaked for readability;
3. airfields and urban areas in Normandy are not yet labeled.

Download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EICZ0D1C
Nice work Betram, or should I thank Jeeves?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram W. Wooster View Post
I've been working on a large-scale map of the English Channel for my own use but you are welcome to use it if you want. It's a 9216 x 10752 pixel PNG, weighs in at just over 80MB and was generated using some of the Cliffs of Dover game assets. Airfields and major urban areas are shown, though the map is still a work-in-progress and additional airfields, towns and other landmarks will be added in future.

There are a handful of known issues, including:
1. the western-most map tiles, including the Cherbourg peninsula, are not shown;
2. in some cases text label placement and colours need to be tweaked for readability;
3. airfields and urban areas in Normandy are not yet labeled.

Download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EICZ0D1C
Hi Mr Wooster,

I hope it's ok, but I threw together a quick 'deepzoom' render of this map, to make it easy to view on-line. It costs me a bit to host it, so not sure if I'll leave it up (or even if you are ok with it, let me know if any problem at all) but it's fun to play with.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zoomreadsl/TestPage.html

Hint: Use your scroll wheel