Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 08-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Default Who's in the Know ?

Yes, it's that time again, time to slag off the wingmen, it took a bit of searching to find out how to get the rest of my flight involved in the trivial pursuit of fighting the enemy.

Now all i need the to do is to get them to return to the home airfield when they've finished.

Having blundered my way into having to command this lot i seem to have lost the ability to ... command

I'll head off home and land only to find the rest doddering around some waypoint miles away.

Forum search is a bit vague and i get the impression that no-one really knows for sure, no key commands seem to do anything.

Anyone in the know?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

if you are lucky, in combat you can get wingman follow orders by padlocking then issuing command to flight and attack my target. to do this you need to fly autopilot to the first waypoint dont ask why. you can also try to get the wingmen to rejoin you by issue the order close formation.

but this also is affected by the discipline setting in the skills. if you set too much discipline they stick with you and never attack enemy. if you set too low discipline they run off doing whatever they want and never listen you.

so much depends on the mission designer skill settings and even then...the commands is broken and was never fix.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Ah, i've never heard about the autopilot "fix" ... i'll try that planespotter, thanks, it's a funny sim this one, i ordered my wingman to attack a lone,low, 109e heading for the coast, i couldn't be bothered ... and he actually did it ... shot it down and returned,happily telling me he was back.

Pity i didn't record that.

Similar circumstances the next mission ... nothing.

I've got a lot to learn.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Ahh, the joys pf the AI

Getting them to return can be fun, sometimes if you are flight leader applying autopilot briefly when you get back to base can give them a 'kick' to go into landing mode- it's a bit variable but if it works the last plane in flight breaks off into landing pattern, then rest in reverse order leaving you as leader to land last
Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the heads up on that one bolox, tried it (twice) and it worked !!