Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 03-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Has Quest XP Been Fixed?

Hey Guys,

WOTN did not have scaled quest XP or shrines or anything like that, meaning they were pointless after a while. in the previous King's bounty they correctly scaled so quests etc gave more XP as you got further into the game.

Has this been fixed yet with WOTN/Ice and Fire?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Don't think so - I am level 33 and all the rewards are ridiculously small. You get way more xp from winning a fight than from the reward
Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Damn shame, this worked great in the earlier games but was broken in WOTN, I was really hoping they would fix it as Quests can be nearly pointless, for me decent XP is part of the motivation, and without it the game isn’t nearly as enjoyable.

Thanks for replying.

Daniel.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

You still level up pretty quickly. I think I am level 38 after 250 or so fights, but the xp comes from the fights themselves. Some of the gold piles are ridiculously small, like 90 gold or something, and I picked up a leadership flag that was worth 4. Not all of them are this bad. Sometimes you get, you know, 20 leadership
Old 03-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

That's the other thing, it means there's less point to exploration to, as the bonuses are less worthwhile. It worked so well before! Really wish they'd fix it.

Daniel.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

This annoys me too. Try reporting it! Maybe if we all report it, they'll look at it. They did actually fix one thing in the base game in the last patch notes. It's a small hope, but it's there.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Good idea, I sent a report to them.

Daniel.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

And here's the response.

Daniel.

Quote:
Hello and thank you for contacting us,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I will forward your e-mail to the developers and maybe they’ll think that this issue is worthy of changing in the game. Please look forward to future updates.

----

Have a good day,

Maciej Wechterowicz

1C Tech Support
Old 06-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

Actually I’m playing through Ice and Fire now, and I have found there is scaling it’s just been cut back.

For example, Leadership flags at the start of the game they gave say 2-8 Leadership, this has gradually improved and now I’m in Darion they give up to around 60. So it looks like they cut the bonuses back to prevent you getting as big a benefit for “mining” all the maps for goodies.

I don’t know if this is a change for I&F or if it was in WOTN from the start, but it does make the game a bit more fun for me.

I’m quite enjoying I&F, the new units are interesting, and pushing back when you get your Pegasus makes things more challenging. I also love unit XP, very refreshing.

Daniel.