Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Default Wow - I can finally play this game with good frame rates

Have owned the collector’s edition since day one but up to now this game has been a huge disappointment to me.
Well, things have just changed due to a new graphics card. My previous card was a HD4850 X2 Gb card and game was just all stutters and hiccups no matter what settings I tried, I just could not get acceptable performance and so I had played it for only a few hours in all that time.
I have now swapped to an HD7870 and man what a difference, getting nice smooth gameplay in most situations, still the odd pause but now I can actually get into this thing. Can even do the London sightseeing trip and it all flows pretty well, with most settings on high.
So I have to say I am really looking forward to the upcoming patch and finally getting my monies worth out of this game, let’s get exploring.
Tally Ho!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

It always has been about the hardware...now it is the franken

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

7870 is indeed a great GPU... quite expensive otugh, but should last for 2-3 years i guess.

i paly every thign maxed out at 1440x900, and get 60 fps pretty much all the time (VSYNC ON!!)

Please, turn on your VSYNC for every game, the other day i was playing BF3 without Vsync, and eventually the game crashed otu because the GPU was killing herself to give me 120+ fps. With Vsync on, the GPU was working steady at 50% without ever gettign over 40º
Old 06-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum_tastic View Post
Have owned the collector’s edition since day one but up to now this game has been a huge disappointment to me.
Well, things have just changed due to a new graphics card. My previous card was a HD4850 X2 Gb card and game was just all stutters and hiccups no matter what settings I tried, I just could not get acceptable performance and so I had played it for only a few hours in all that time.
I have now swapped to an HD7870 and man what a difference, getting nice smooth gameplay in most situations, still the odd pause but now I can actually get into this thing. Can even do the London sightseeing trip and it all flows pretty well, with most settings on high.
So I have to say I am really looking forward to the upcoming patch and finally getting my monies worth out of this game, let’s get exploring.
Tally Ho!
Most of the 'popular problems' with CoD can be solved with a good vid card! Welcome to the club!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Approved Member

Well I couldn't disagree with that based on what I am seeing at the moment - cool!
Old 06-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Good to have a 'positive' thread.

And I'm going for a hardware upgrade in a few weeks.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Just out of interest Avro, what are you going for?

RedToo.

43 Squadron.

My 'Waiting for Clodo' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee
Old 06-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
Most of the 'popular problems' with CoD can be solved with a good vid card! Welcome to the club!
HAHA! Good one dude.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

it is a a good one cause its true! I got a GFX580 and its runs veeery nice indeed, not perfect but very very enjoyable
Old 06-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedToo View Post
Just out of interest Avro, what are you going for?

RedToo.
About £800 worth...