Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Play.com says 30th of October '09, they're always optimistic with dates though

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1021...n/Product.html
Old 09-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Approved Member

Even in the initial announcement by Ubi they acknowledge that the name and title is owned by 1c. So lets end the debate here on the name. Look it up on the initial release announcement 2006 by ubisoft. To lazy to post a link.
The question is "REALLY" Oleg does not like the name I think and that is why he talks of change.
This can bee read in his threads in SimHq.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Even in the initial announcement by Ubi they acknowledge that the name and title is owned by 1c. So lets end the debate here on the name. Look it up on the initial release announcement 2006 by ubisoft. To lazy to post a link.
The question is "REALLY" Oleg does not like the name I think and that is why he talks of change.
This can bee read in his threads in SimHq.
You refer to this text?

Storm of War © 2006 1C Company. All Rights Reserved. Developed by 1C:Maddox Games. Published and distributed by Ubisoft Entertainment. Storm of War, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in US and/or other countries. Pacific Fighters© 2004 1C Company. All Rights Reserved. Developed by 1C:Maddox Games and Ilya Shevchenko.

Copied from http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3950

I don't know but the passage "Storm of War, Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in US and/or other countries" has a bit of Ubisoft owns the name in the western hemisphere over it, don't you think?

Well, it does not matter too much as Ubisoft has never mentioned SoW in any text I have heard of since that day

/Mazex
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Tree_UK

I know i got flamed for it, but please refer to my earlier posts about Ubisoft and the conversations i had with them, i can honestly tell you that they are no longer involved and haven't been for some time. I really hope that Oleg will show us something this month like he said he would over at Simhq, but I cant help but feel that something isn't quite right with the whole SOW thing, Oleg promising stuff and then no mention of them ever again, the ubisoft issue etc and Ilya Oleg's right hand man moving to the USA at a crucial time in development, it just dont add up, and nobody has seen any in game shots since the new engine in 2007. Obviously all this could be nothing but the more time that passes and the more promises broken, the more I see SOW slowly slipping away.

Last edited by Tree_UK; 09-18-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Approved Member

Well, Tree, I guess people are cranking up their flamethrowers all over the place..
I've not heard that Ilya is moving to the US, but that might not present any problems at all. Development of software is one of those things that are really easy to do at separate locations.
But I share your opinion that it seems like something isn't right. For some reason I don't think the game itself is problematic, it seems to me like it is more of a juridical kind of thing.

Skarphol
Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I know i got flamed for it, but please refer to my earlier posts about Ubisoft and the conversations i had with them, i can honestly tell you that they are no longer involved and haven't been for some time. I really hope that Oleg will show us something this month like he said he would over at Simhq, but I cant help but feel that something isn't quite right with the whole SOW thing, Oleg promising stuff and then no mention of them ever again, the ubisoft issue etc and Ilya Oleg's right hand man moving to the USA at a crucial time in development, it just dont add up, and nobody has seen any in game shots since the new engine in 2007. Obviously all this could be nothing but the more time that passes and the more promises broken, the more I see SOW slowly slipping away.
Actually I already mentioned that, though in less detail.

Still IMHO what mazex posted is true (except that UBI did announce SoW: http://www.ubi.com/US/News/Info.aspx?nId=3950 ) and then again, what I posted before comes into play:
When UBISOFT is no longer involved in the title StormOfWar: Battle Of Britain, then most likely the title IS going to change because that would be the only remaining link to the title announced to be published by UBISOFT.
And therefore I doubt that it's just Oleg liking or disliking the title.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Tree_UK

Remember this guys, in this interview Oleg is asked about the game engine Oleg says that its a whole new one and not based on FB, so he clearly was working on it in November 2006 not late 2007 like he has subsequently claimed. I guess the whole thing is a bit of a riddle.

http://www.simhq.com/_air8/air_265a.html

Last edited by Tree_UK; 09-18-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Remember this guys, in this interview Oleg is asked about the game engine Oleg says that its a whole new one and not based on FB, so he clearly was working on it in November 2006 not late 2007 like he has subsequently claimed. I guess the whole thing is a bit of a riddle.

http://www.simhq.com/_air8/air_265a.html
You misunderstood him Tree. People were wondering why the game was taking so long if it was in development since the mid 2000. He was saying that the whole team didn't start work on the new engine until 2007. A skeleton crew have been working on the new SOW engine since 2005/2006. The majority of the team had been working on Pacifiic fighters thru IL-2 1946.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Tree_UK

Yeah i understand that mate, but in the interveiw he clearly states that he needs and hopes to release in November 2007, which he later repeated at Birmingham in the Mystic puma video which was actually filmed in the summer 2007 I believe. It does seem a little odd that considering the fact that Oleg now says work didn't really start until late 2007 he was telling people in 2007 that he hoped for it to be released that November. Anyway just going over very old ground i guess. Lets move on.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Approved Member

If I remember correctly BOB was alway going to be a new game engine even from the time Oleg first announced his plans in 2004. It all got sidetracked when Luthiers Pacific Fighters team required help from Olegs team to complete a much more complex pacific sim that was originally invisioned.

At that point they either felt there was more money to made with the IL-2 series or they found BOB was almost impossible with 2005 computers or a combination of both.