Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Default And the WEATHER ???

So, the game is out soon, and until now we have seen nothing about the clouds, the overcast (1), the typical grey weather of England.

Just curious and a little bit worried !!!

(1) and when I speak of "overcast", I don't mean the IL-2 one, which is basically a fog at 100 meters high, no, a real overcast, a stratus layer.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Yes,something like in Lock on.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Approved Member

I was wondering whether the dynamic weather was one of the things that have been put on hold?

Have heard that the newer clouds are being worked on, but may not make the initial release.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Nice pic, Talbot, I was precisely speaking of that kind of view : grey weather, levels of stratus at medium altitudes, with the very subtle light under them (I just hate the 12'o clock plain sun).
Old 01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

Weather was generally pretty good during the BoB:
http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/631...weather-diary/
Old 01-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

The issue is in play more kinds of clouds? We have seen in the figures only one type-cumulus.Ale there are many more types of clouds.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Approved Member

Just give me in march a clear blue sky and an Emil in my gunsight - I'll be a happy man.

All the rest is "bonus". And I doubt 1C will delivery a bad "weather system". Will be state-of-the-art as everything they do in combat flight sims.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

Fine, the clouds considered as a "bonus" in an AVIATION sim
Old 01-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDNT View Post
Fine, the clouds considered as a "bonus" in an AVIATION sim
Yes, in a COMBAT aviation sim. I can fight in clear sky.

By the way, I like the clounds in IL-2. Why in HELL do you want to whine about the NEW TITLE of 1C BEFORE the release?

Obviously we will heve a good weather system. I have concerns about head tracking and other "specific" issues, but aboute weather is someting very poor to make posts in a forum...

Do you believe Oleg Maddox don't care about weather system in the new 1C combat flight sim?

Give me a break...
Old 01-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDNT View Post
So, the game is out soon, and until now we have seen nothing about the clouds, the overcast (1), the typical grey weather of England.

Just curious and a little bit worried !!!

(1) and when I speak of "overcast", I don't mean the IL-2 one, which is basically a fog at 100 meters high, no, a real overcast, a stratus layer.
apart from being a rather stupid topic...there is no such thing as "typical" weather in the UK ....this is a general myth held by the less well travelled and educated.
As has been pointed out the summer of 1940 was typically warm and sunny....as for your worries... if thats all you have to worry about in life consider yourself fortunate...but i'm 99.9% sure the C1 team will be light years ahead of you in many many ways.