Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Will there be an offline career or dynamic campaign or not?

I really need to know this and so will a lot of people. I won't buy it unless it has a very rich and atmospheric campaign career for offline flyers. I have heard rumors that the game is mostly geared towards the online crowd and won't have a campaign. Is this true? Some of us need to find out and quickly. So I can tell if I should pre-order it or not.

Why is there so much secrecy about this sim? Give us the details, Oleg, Thanks......

Last edited by Fearfactor; 01-19-2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearfactor View Post
I have heard rumors that the game is mostly geared towards the online crowd and won't have a campaign. Is this true?
You should less hear to what people say but what UBI have written in the official announcement
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
You should less hear to what people say but what UBI have written in the official announcement
Makes you wonder, don't it.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

I don't have hours to spend looking through official anouncements.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

you dont have the "hours" to read the one and only official ubisoft press realease??? you are a lazy sir......
Old 01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

1C delivery to people planes to jump into cockpit with amazing detail, rich combat experience, great landscape detail, but some bunch will only buy this masterpiece if it's have "offline career mode"...

I'm a little bit tired of this kind of people. As a "whinner" about gameplay issues, I consider this kind of "gamey" approach to a MASSIVE work in software, research, etc, a big disrespect!

I will buy IL-2 : CoD even without a GUI! I can live if it's run with command line!

Some people just don't DESERVE IL-2 : CoD. Simple as that!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
BigPickle

LoBiSoMeM, every thread I have read today has you at last post killing the thread, whining about whiners, seriously mate.

People can whine and post cos they can and because they will, you should grow a thicker skin to it cos there's lots of whiners here.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Approved Member

No need to scare people off here, yes in the one and only official word of IL2 Cliffs of Dover is clearly stated that there will be an offline campaign for both Axis and the RAF. If it's dynamic or not, I don't know. But IL2's campaign was also stamped as dynamic, so the term dynamic is very vague.

Last edited by Sven; 01-19-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Actually, Ubi is still talking about RAF campaign/carreer only.
http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329

The announcement by 1C clarifies it.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201

So he does have a point. Would probably help if that announcement topic would be moved into the Cliffs of Dover subforum. And it would also help if Ubi would update their announcement.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
1C delivery to people planes to jump into cockpit with amazing detail, rich combat experience, great landscape detail, but some bunch will only buy this masterpiece if it's have "offline career mode"...

I'm a little bit tired of this kind of people. As a "whinner" about gameplay issues, I consider this kind of "gamey" approach to a MASSIVE work in software, research, etc, a big disrespect!

I will buy IL-2 : CoD even without a GUI! I can live if it's run with command line!

Some people just don't DESERVE IL-2 : CoD. Simple as that!
I remember reading somewhere that the number of offline IL-2 users out there outnumber the online ones quite handily. It would be very foolish of 1C to not cater to the offline crowd, so the concerns regarding offline capabilities are important. It sounds to me like you are an online-only player of IL-2 and, quite frankly, you are missing out on the enormous potential of IL-2's offline component (DCG, user made add-ons, etc). Air quake gets tiresome after a while.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6