Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Question glad we know the release date but...

Can we please have the system requirements; minimum and recommended? I had hoped that info would come out with the release date. There is no mention of it on the new IL2-COD website (and no mention of the sim on Ubi$oft's webpage when I click the pre-order button)
**sigh**
Flyby out
Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Why all the huff over specs at this point?

1) You have a supercomputer and vid card now, so it'll not be an issue.
2) You are worried your comp will not handle the latest and greats game engine and graphics....in which case you may be right. But knowing it today itsn't going to help you.
3) You know that they will post all specs, min, req, ect at some point in the near future. Why act all angry that you don't have it this instant?

Thank you Oleg and team for the first official announcement. I can't wait to enjoy your new game!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
Why all the huff over specs at this point?

1) You have a supercomputer and vid card now, so it'll not be an issue.
2) You are worried your comp will not handle the latest and greats game engine and graphics....in which case you may be right. But knowing it today itsn't going to help you.
3) You know that they will post all specs, min, req, ect at some point in the near future. Why act all angry that you don't have it this instant?

Thank you Oleg and team for the first official announcement. I can't wait to enjoy your new game!
oh man,
Where and how do you read "all the huff over specs at this point?" and "act all angry that you don't have it this instant?" into what I wrote? Don't do that. It's pure @ss-umption on your part, and makes you look bad. Your points #1 and #2 have some merit though, and are good points. You just earned a "Come on, man!" award for the broad-jump!
Flyby out
Old 01-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Global Moderator

You guys just amaze me. The spec is going to be a minimum system. If you have built a computer within the past two years you'll probably more than comply. Remember, Oleg is not building this for the gamer elites. He has built it to work with as many computer systems as possible.

After release the forums will have plenty of video gurus ready to share the tips and tricks, and equipment to give your install the big guns.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Approved Member

Aaah back to the good old days of il2,scrabbling around for another 2-3 FPS!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
You guys just amaze me. The spec is going to be a minimum system. If you have built a computer within the past two years you'll probably more than comply. Remember, Oleg is not building this for the gamer elites. He has built it to work with as many computer systems as possible.

After release the forums will have plenty of video gurus ready to share the tips and tricks, and equipment to give your install the big guns.
Agreed. Much too early to plan anything.

Even with these requirements set, you don't know how good the sim will run on YOUR system, which resources are the bottleneck, etc. So lets just wait and see.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

The most comical thing is that there is already an other thread about the system requirements.

And I dont understand all the fuzz. The game will be released in 2 months! You will be informed about the requirements long before that.

Damn! Some of you need to take down a notch. You are so wound up about this release.

Its funny though, to read all the panic riddles questions about all sort of things.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
oh man,
Where and how do you read "all the huff over specs at this point?" and "act all angry that you don't have it this instant?" into what I wrote? Don't do that. It's pure @ss-umption on your part, and makes you look bad. Your points #1 and #2 have some merit though, and are good points. You just earned a "Come on, man!" award for the broad-jump!
Flyby out
Sorry, but yours is not the first or only thread on this subject today. Just take a deep breath and hold it. You'll be ok. Or pass out, which will make one less of these threads the rest of us will have to skim through.

Can't we just sit back and bask in the knowledge that release is finally official, at least for 24 hours before we muck up the boards with demands for more?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Come on, Man!

So it's just fine and ducky to have the release date, and the new site (which badly mis-quotes old Winnie, and has no pre-order info when you press the pre-order button), but not to ask for the system requirements? That's bad form. And the minimum specs could as well be a system that's was minimum for the original IL2 for all I care. I don' think it's too much to ask the man for the recommended system specs. That some of you do think it's too much is your business, and I won;t get into it. I thought I asked a reasonable question in light of the decision to post a release date. Sorry so many have a problem with my question. I'm not one to stir the pot, and I don't think I started stirring this first.
Vyper why don't you just...well enough said.

Moderator, please lock this post. I had no intent for it to take this negative turn.
Flyby out
Old 01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby View Post
oh man,
Flyby out
Maybe YOU'RE not upset, but there have already been enough posts by those who have huffed and puffed about system specs.

Luthier has been posting pics and videos from his system which, if folks have been paying attention, is a mid range system. It's even been said on numerous occasions that a two year old system should give you satisfactory results.

No one is going to be left high and dry when it comes to knowing the specs before the game is released.

Because you had a birth today doesn't mean you should run right out to buy your boy a baseball mitt. IOW: We're all going to buy the game. Waiting a day or two for specs won't affect your gaming or PC purchase. All of us have waited an excruciatingly long time for CoD. A day or two wait to buy the "mitt" isn't going to matter.

Patience.

Last edited by Robert; 01-18-2011 at 09:36 PM.