Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Shea, i think you would be better off waiting for specific benchmarks and tests before making changes. You already have an up to date system that will run it fine so there's no reason buying stuff when it's all new and expensive (the 69xx series cards).

How do i know it? On the Russian gaming expo they were running it on full detail on an i5 with a GTX460 and only 2GB of RAM. Lots of stutters due to the low RAM (probably couldn't load the map/ground textures efficiently enough so it was constantly reading from the hard disk), but it was still running and it was also smooth over water. In fact, i'm willing to bet that the exact same systems they used in the gaming expo would run it just fine at moderately high settings if they had an extra GB or two of RAM.

The only component that's lagging behind a little is your graphics card. I think you GPU is about the same generation as mine is but with a bit less video RAM, although i'm not very familiar with nVidia naming conventions for the generation between the 8800 and the current 4xx/5xx series cards (it was the time i built my PC and i went with Ati for a change, so i missed what happened with nVidia).

In any case, the game won't be here for another two months so you can definitely wait until the new GPUs get a bit cheaper. Just wait for the game and save up some money until then.
When you finally have the game in your hands, if you see that you need more performance you'll be able to get more of it for the same amount of cash
Cheers m8,i will wait until the grapics cards get a little as ati has a new card coming out so hopefully the 6950/6970 will go down alot in price,the only reason i would buy a new card is that the gtx 280 only supports dx10 and it would be nice to have dx 11 for IL2:COD,thanks for the advice m8
Old 01-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

I have a very old system (AMD 3800X, 9800GT, 2GB RAM), but won't upgrade until the game is out and listen to many people and to their experience.
I remember that when IL-2 was out, my system, which was good for its time, wouldn't be able to play game in high settings, therefore I won't spend a single penny until I know that I won't buy a system that have to change it in a few months.
I'm not rich...
Old 01-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
did you recognize that its only a dual core???
i would be more than happy if i could play that fantastic sim with my pc!
its an i5 dual core bud...most current software does not use 4 cores anyway....as has been said the game has been optimized for "mid" range pc...that machine is a mid rng machine....

please keep at the back of your minds that most people buying this game will not be extreme fanboys running off to buy a $3000 machine to play a $50 game....therefore the lower C1 can get the system spec the more units they will sell....I imagine (and i may be wrong) that you will struggle with a duo core (pre i series) above that you'll see an increase in performance....any of you running off to buy a i7 980x to play CoD don't have a clue about computers.

Is it me.. but since last friday this forum has become a nut house.. with ppl running round like headless chickens....relax for godsake.

Last edited by leggit; 01-19-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC208 View Post
Wanna know what to get? Get this and you'll be good to go:

CoolerMaster HAF-X full tower ATX Case
Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.33GHz LGA 1366 Six-Core Desktop Processor @4.5ghz
ASUS Rampage III Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 Desktop Memory
CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Power Supply
3 x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Black Ops Superclocked edition Graphics Cards
2 x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
120 gigabyte Intell SSD
LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner - Bulk SATA WH10LS30 LightScribe Support
Lite-On 24X DVD Writer
Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler

If that's not going to run it on three 22 inch screens I just wasted $2800.
If you really wasted that much money you should have your head examined
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

+1+1 here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
+ 1000,000
Announcing the games release date,without system specs,is VERY ubi ish...
Exactly.
Let's hope it will not be a nightmare.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Let's hope it will not be a nightmare.
the only nightmare happening here is you bouncing from thread to thread moaning about ubi.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
its an i5 dual core bud...most current software does not use 4 cores anyway....as has been said the game has been optimized for "mid" range pc...that machine is a mid rng machine....

please keep at the back of your minds that most people buying this game will not be extreme fanboys running off to buy a $3000 machine to play a $50 game....therefore the lower C1 can get the system spec the more units they will sell....I imagine (and i may be wrong) that you will struggle with a duo core (pre i series) above that you'll see an increase in performance....any of you running off to buy a i7 980x to play CoD don't have a clue about computers.

Is it me.. but since last friday this forum has become a nut house.. with ppl running round like headless chickens....relax for godsake.
thx leggit!you know im one of those who dont have a clue about computers.thats why im asking about your opinion.but im certainly not one of those who will run out and buy whatever they can get for their money without knowing if it will run fine on my pc or not.if it does not, then i will continually upgrade.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Global Moderator

This discussion topic is so worn out.

The thread will be locked, and please don't start another.

All kinds of information will begin to flow now, since the application is completed for distribution.
Closed Thread