Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Even RoF struggles with dual cores,so definitely get a quad at least!
I have an overclocked single core, and the gpu and ram make the biggest difference. I get 190max fps on black death perfect. People seem to think you need the biggest and baddest system to play these games. Go educate yourself on money saving.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

Default some spec

All i can find is about video at the ubi shop on IL-2 COD

NEW 3D ENGINE
Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.

Not a real lot i know but it's a start the rest will come later may be in the weekly update if the is one now it has a release date.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Approved Member

Triggaar and furbs. System is a custombuilt that did not get picked up after buyer did a no show. I got the wholesale price for the sum of the parts. Was going to get a 2600k but that ended up being $700 more from Newegg than this.

The plan is to see how CoD runs and then probably go either 3x27 or 3xhp30w.
My brain wants the hp's but the pocket book says $800 more for 3 more inches per
screen is a bit silly. There's also a possibility that the game does not scale well
in sli. If that's the case 3x30 is probably going to be a slide show and I'll go with 3x27.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

I would say if you have a system 2 years old or newer you should be able to run the game on pretty high settings. If you are running a single core or a gpu thats over 3 years old, or have less than 3 gig ram..........you really need to upgrade.
Just my opinion.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefood View Post
I have an overclocked single core, and the gpu and ram make the biggest difference. I get 190max fps on black death perfect. People seem to think you need the biggest and baddest system to play these games. Go educate yourself on money saving.
I dont want to spoil your parade but for a game running anything but the most minimal dx9 settings your system is far from adequate. Yes ram makes a difference, but you max out at 3/4 (wont get into this) on 32bit. 64 bit systems are optimized for 4 cores or more, even a dual is handicapping yourself.
You dont need a monster pc, but a single core wont be able to hack this game in any decent manner.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangefood View Post
You are IMO incorrect on this one, if you take ROF as an example the CPU makes all the difference, the more high fidelity the fm the more processing you will require, in these types of games you can tweak the lower to mid graphics settings for an older GPU but you can't tweak the fm for a low grade CPU, I fly ROF with most settings on high but I have to turn off some terrain and bloom etc as my GPU is only an 8800gt, but once this is done the game runs very smoothly as I have an I7 920.

Remember that Il2-1946 is a sim based on a 10 - 12 year old engine, so running blackdeath is not comparable to running a modern sim.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Approved Member

I plan to keep my current system and see just exactly how it's going to run b4 I make any decisions concerning such a large amount of money. I figure i should be able to run at least medium settings at 1650 x 1050. IMO that is good enough for awhile, and i'll eventually invest in a GTX 580 and a new Corsair 750w PS. I have a bit more headroom to overclock my CPU as well, so I'm not really worried about going out and spending tons of money right away. But i suppose if the money isn't an issue for some than go for it. It's always nice to play on maximum settings with good fps
- 2500k @ 4.8Ghz Lapped IHS - AsRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - MSI GTX 560 Ti 2Gb - Crutial M4 SATA3 64Gb SSD - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-21 RAM - Silverstone 750w Fully Modular PSU - Antec 1200 ATX Case - Zalman 9700 Cooler - Win7 Ultimate x64 -
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
What about the iphone app version ?
ROFL ...ROFL
Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

I'm not going to upgrade anything, apart from RAM maybe and that's mostly in order to be able to run other software in the background while i'm flying.

My system is:

Mobo: Asus P6T deluxe v2
CPU: i7 920 @ 2.7 GHz (completely stock, no overclocking whatsoever)
GPU: Ati 4890 1GB
Storage: 1.5 TB Western Digital Green 5000RPM or thereabouts (aka "low power consumption/noise but slow") purely for storage and 1.5 TB Seagate (the faster among the two, to install software and games into)
PSU: 700 watt Heroichi Cougar
RAM: 3GB, i might potentially bump this up to 6GB but no more than that.

I built it in spring 2008 for 1180 Euros, got a Dell 22" IPS monitor for 250 Euros three months later, bought the 4890 for 180 in Xmas season 2008 when my original 4870 died and used the 3-year warranty money from the busted 4870 to get the WD disk. All in all, 1600 Euros during the past two years.

I don't know why, but for some reason i'm quite confident that it will run well enough for me. Sure, i will experiment with the graphics options and sure, i might momentarily be a little jealous of people who have dual 5970s, but i am definitely not going to lose any sleep over it as long as it looks equal to or better than what we've seen in the weekly updates and does it at sufficient frame rates.

Last edited by Blackdog_kt; 01-19-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Approved Member

+1
Closed Thread