Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 11-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Default Need Mod for stay close to mothership and dock

I am not sure how to do this, is there is a way to mod to keep fighter "stay" close to mothership? Because often in my game, fighter go too far from mothership to fight enemies only to die because too far for mothership to support them or dock them close so they may not die, other thing is I would like if there can be done if I click single fighter to dock, rather whole fighter to dock mothership?

Thank you.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Fights mostly depends on pilots skills, so you cant force them to not run away from or engage other fighters close to mathership. Ive noticed with game progress and skill inprovement they fight much less random and close enough. When you dont want them to engage other ships too soon just use them after you engage fighters with mathership to later undock them. There is a button to dock single fighter when selected but he need to be out of group for it. I dont know how far you are in game and not sure about what part of game you are talking about, but your problema are not so irrytating when you know how to avoid them. Most time im using my fighters controling them beside mathership and i just in a case calling them to help.

Reagrds

PS. If you want try using special fighter with 4 cloaking devices and stealth team mode, they effect stuck so most time enemies cant target them and pursue making them not touchable.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Docking: As bany says, just select the individual fighter, then press the "dock" button on the right menu. Alternately the "d" key.

Fighters staying close: I imagine it's moddable but doubt it's easy.
Personally I've found that fighters set to "defend" as most prone to doing what they feel like and flying off to whereever to try and defend their buddies. The "attack" fighters go where you tell them to.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Mod for it would require modification of skills behaviour, as they probably are hardcoded how to work with options like turning, shooting, flying or loosing attacking opponent. You could easy turn them bac to mather ship when they left you set zone around her but that would breake probably pilot efficiency, stoping his attack, or other manuver he was just doing, that could even make you loose his ship easy. That would be too random to control.

Regards