Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 08-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

What? Even the ozzies can have guns? Britiain is so lame...

I wanted to get a black powder baker rifle but even that comes under a fire arms certificate... Smooth bore just wouldn't be the same, also I cant find anyone selling a baker with a rifled barrel... I'd love a enfield or a K98... You lucky gits. So much jealousy...

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 08-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Thanks to everyone for the info.

I ended up getting the Arsenal 7.62x39. I know it's a bit expensive for what it is but, I have the disposable income and I don't have the time to do the build myself so it was a no brainer. The WASRs had massively varied reviews for quality so I stayed away from those. I considered a Bulgarian AK but figured why not go with a real Russian model since I can?

I spread the word around work and six of us ended up getting one. Picked up a few 30 round mags for $14 each at the gun show and I just ordered 1000 rounds of ammo (only $235!!!!) so I'm good to go for the next few years!

I hope to get it sighted in this weekend.

Thanks again to everyone who pitched in.

--Outlaw.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post

I wanted to get a black powder baker rifle but even that comes under a fire arms certificate... Smooth bore just wouldn't be the same, also I cant find anyone selling a baker with a rifled barrel..
Have you tried Henry Kranks in Pudsey? I'm sure I saw a rifled Baker in the catalogue. Othrwise, Gary at Derbyshire Arms will get you one.

Last edited by JG52Uther; 08-14-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Post up a range report!
Thing about AK's is they replicate in your gun safe, I started with one, now I'm up to 5. Even build my AR's to fire x39. An insidious addiction!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Have you tried Henry Kranks in Pudsey? I'm sure I saw a rifled Baker in the catalogue. Othrwise, Gary at Derbyshire Arms will get you one.
AH THANKS!

http://www.derbyshirearms.co.uk/

Damn, £1000.00!

Didnt see one at Kranks. Wait what? They sell enfields and k98 at Kranks?

Weez can haz riflez?

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 08-14-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Approved Member

Thought you'd be interested by this one :
http://haveblue.org/

(3D printed MG)

Last edited by TomcatViP; 08-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

You can have a military rifle if you have somewhere to shoot it...
Old 08-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

I fired the Arsenal AK last weekend and it shot as well as I expected. I started from the kneeling position at around 25 yards and it was about a 5" group dead center right out of the box. There was a paper target in the box with a 3 short group (about 3") that noted 25 meters so that's why I started about there.

My buddy has the adjustment tool and he cranked down on the front post what he claimed was the correct amount for hitting the berm from his back porch (yeah, I hate him a little bit for having a gun range in his back yard). Another group from the standing position at about 75 yards and it was, once again, dead on so I guess he knows his AKs (he has 3).

I fired about 50 rounds total before moving to my DPMS .308 and I was pleased with the performance. It's a really nice rifle for short range work. It is expensive, but, it's a real Russian AK and that's what I was looking for.

--Outlaw.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
I fired the Arsenal AK last weekend and it shot as well as I expected. I started from the kneeling position at around 25 yards and it was about a 5" group dead center right out of the box. There was a paper target in the box with a 3 short group (about 3") that noted 25 meters so that's why I started about there.

My buddy has the adjustment tool and he cranked down on the front post what he claimed was the correct amount for hitting the berm from his back porch (yeah, I hate him a little bit for having a gun range in his back yard). Another group from the standing position at about 75 yards and it was, once again, dead on so I guess he knows his AKs (he has 3).

I fired about 50 rounds total before moving to my DPMS .308 and I was pleased with the performance. It's a really nice rifle for short range work. It is expensive, but, it's a real Russian AK and that's what I was looking for.

--Outlaw.
Kinda sad it's no longer easy to get some of the OG russian AKs(some cz ones are okay, but still pretty rough. I've used to order those just as "parts" for mine). Picked up a few good guns from https://gritrsports.com/guns/ - mostly used ones, gonna either repair or use some parts for my builds.