Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Warrior, Paladin, Mage

Warrior, Paladin, Mage Different classes in King's Bounty

Old 11-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts View Post
My fifth unit is Dark Commander (aka Black Knight)
slow unit but his morale bonus to my undead units is the bonus I like.

Yep - this was my final combination - I had red vamps, red bats, blue vamps, bone dragons, dark knights - but as I am lazy to pay attention, I used to transform accidentally red vamps into red bats - both units of red bats gone FRENZY (bad thing) - so in the labyrinth I changed the red vamps with green dragons.
I failed to understand, what are red bats? Isn't red bats and elder (red) vampires same? Did i missed something? I know that red bats are count as different units but how you make it?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash View Post
I failed to understand, what are red bats? Isn't red bats and elder (red) vampires same? Did i missed something? I know that red bats are count as different units but how you make it?
OK, I see that you haven't had the luck to find red bats.

Red bats = Ancient Vampire BATS

As you know - you can hire vampires (blue), ancient vampires (red)
Both these units can be "transformed" using thei special ability into bats (who can suck blood)
Now we are neer the point... just read:
This ability works only in combat - hence you will always see normal vampires in your slots - and always start the combat with normal vampires
Nearly there...

When lucky enough - you can find in shops the Vampire bats or Ancient Vampire bats for hire - so they will appear in your slots in form of bats also each combat will start with them in form of bats (of course you can still transorm them into normal vampires/ ancient vampires)

This was exactly what caused my units to go FRENZY - as I had one full stack of ancient vampires and one full stack of ancient vampire bats - when I accidentally transformed the ancient vampires into bats - the game realized I have 200% of same unit - and both these stacks went FRENZY... (stupid me - I coldn't remember that I can only transform the normal Vampires, when I have red bats already - that's why I swapped the ancient vampires with green dragons)

If you are not lucky enough to find bats, of course you should use vampires/ ancient vampires (normal vampires are weaker, but hey! they still suck blood!)
Old 11-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Approved Member

I see. Isn't better to swap elder vampire in your army with necromancers? I know Emerald Dragons are awesome but for undeads only army? What do you think?
Old 11-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

I'm using an Undead only army (vamp, ancient vamp, black knight, necro, bone D.) and it's doing very good vs anything living. Like Gatts said, you just let the vampire (in bat form) do everything because you won't loose any. Necromancers are really useful. They have 10 init with rina zombie and dark commander, can magic shackle a lvl 5 unit if you want, spawn undead stacks out of corpse 3 times and plague everything (reduce hp, att, def by a %). Your undead troops get it, are not affected, but can spread it on other stacks when it wears off.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

So ultimate would be something like blue and red vampires, necromancers, black knights, bone dragons? Maybe swap bone with archers?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

This is my third game, my first as paladin, and I have been doing that since I cleansed the swamps and the graveyard. It's effectiveness, combined with the gold from the swamp makes the rest of Darion and the islands of freedom a child's play, at least on normal. Actually I have a problem with keeping the cursed ghosts in controllable numbers!

However, I have inquisitors and berserkers in reserve and I sometimes swap them in, so I guess I'm not a true undead-player.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Inquisitors resurrecting berserkers is quite good combination, but do not worry of not being pure "undead player" - in this type of game it is not easy to keep undead only units, but being prone for undead is the point here... and it looks you are.

Smash: I tried bone archers a lot-> would never go for them later in the game instead of dragons... (only if call of necromancer would work like resurrection) because keeping them in numbers is hell difficult... but bone dragons can easy use hit-n-run tactics which is much more effective in any kind of battle

Rinah - keeping ghosts in numbers on normal is not that bad if you are ready to spent your mana on cutting them down : than cast gloth's armor on them (they can't move, do not counter attack - so they do not steal souls) Normal allows you to win combat even if your ghosts are above numbers - then just disband the rest, or place it in spare slot (back up reserve slot)
BTW - just today my boss from Sweden moved to my country (guess which country it is)... and I would not wonder if his wife is catholic... and she is nice... so why the "beware" ?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Inquisitors resurrecting berserkers is quite good combination
I have noticed that too. I brought them from the necropolis in the swamps after expelling it's former owner. Otherwise, berserkers trend to die down to quickly because of their... stupidity, I would say.

Quote:
but being prone for undead is the point here... and it looks you are.
I always liked the human/undead combination. My choice of wife (guess who) is an advantage here. (how could I not choose her when we share the same name? almost... )

Quote:
Rinah - keeping ghosts in numbers on normal is not that bad if you are ready to spent your mana on cutting them down : than cast gloth's armor on them (they can't move, do not counter attack - so they do not steal souls) Normal allows you to win combat even if your ghosts are above numbers - then just disband the rest, or place it in spare slot (back up reserve slot)
Thank you for the advice. Yes, this is my problem, even if I reduce their numbers from 107 to 70, they still trend to grow to large on the battlefield only to end up doing stupid things like retreating from 10 bowmen or so. It's not much of a problem here on the Islands of Freedom where everything is kind of easy, but it means that I can't relay on them in a difficult battle. I try to be more restrictive now.

Quote:
BTW - just today my boss from Sweden moved to my country (guess which country it is)... and I would not wonder if his wife is catholic... and she is nice... so why the "beware" ?
It was a joke on my boyfriend's behalf. He has been making quite a name of himself on the internet, you haven't seen him around here? He is almost always using his name and his favorite behavior "Zealous Zeth". He's also playing King's bounty, he's a lot better than I am, although I think he's starting to get bored by now, since he's always playing as paladin.

What country? Norway? Russia? I'm sorry, my sense of humor is dying after a hard day's work.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

For the ghosts I would like to add:
after combat it is handy to delete / disband more of your ghosts than advised (let's say your limit is 100 ghosts, you have 120 ghosts... delete/ disband 30 of them... so you would have only 90 -> this will give you one additional round of control in most of battle, is some you can control them even longer... as ghosts ability to suck soul is much less powerful as vampire ability to suck blood)

In addition I used strategy of not-attacking - meaning I have moved ghosts in front of enemy units to attract or strikes/shoot attacks (to protect my backup units / weaker units) -> where you may decide if you DEFEND the ghosts (press space/D) or leave them one action point free and wait them (W) -> I let them wait if the enemy is too strong (so my 90 ghosts get 8 killed by first enemy and suck back 12.. .but are hit again by four other enemies and are reduced to 50 only... now I can freely use them and exploit their stealing soul ability -> as now I really DESIRE that my ghosts will grow back to 90/100 units... weaker the enemy is, more ghosts I get... )

Also combine ghosts with magic spring and Iron skin.
If you have many of them - move them in near enemy with fire or magic attack.

But basically when I had only 90% of ghosts in my active stack - I was able to hit twice (one counterattack + one attack) before they went frenzy/crazy... then I put gloth's armor on them, so they would stay near enemy archers.

But do not try to use ghosts on impossible:
They either raise above 100% of your leadership and will start directly hitting your own units

Or they would die too fast (even as they have 50% phy resistance, on impossible are inquisitors/ priests / and many fire damage dealing units quite strong - where the HP of ghosts will be quite fragile -> low compared to their leadership)
Old 12-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

Default Where ??? ='(

Hellooooo (;

Hmm i can found necros and dark knights in the swamp ??

My troop is begining to fall, because there is no place to i train,

in the islands of freedon, the enemies are so strong, and i are lvl 8 warrior...

What is happening ? Im doing something wrong with my warrior

i hope that someone can help me

thanks =]